[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6x20 Yosemite Install

Agrerald

Anyone have an idea on how to fix the b1f: init issue? I seem to be stuck on it and can't not into Yosemite with out the USB

I cannot get the OS to load without the USB drive present, Still trying to iron this out.

in the zip there is a kexts and tools folder. open the tools and use kext wizard to install dummyHDA to S/L/E. dummyhda is in kext folder. then reboot and you'll have sound. use youtube to check if its working. i guess apple mustve taken out the ploop sound for volume control.

Ill try this again, Did it once but it didnt appear to work but I may have done something wrong.

I cannot get the OS to load without the USB drive present, Still trying to iron this out.

Ill try this again, Did it once but it didnt appear to work but I may have done something wrong.

hmmm i might revert to mavericks with clover then hash everything out there. after that ill update with app store method and see how it works. 

Well went through everything again, EFI drive never mounts.. I have followed every step to a T.  Id hate to revert if I didnt have to the only thing thats not working is sound and the booting from internal disk. Other than that everything seems perfect... ( Wifi / QE / Bluetooth / etc )

Well went through everything again, EFI drive never mounts.. I have followed every step to a T.  Id hate to revert if I didnt have to the only thing thats not working is sound and the booting from internal disk. Other than that everything seems perfect... ( Wifi / QE / Bluetooth / etc )

Use Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter to mount the EFI partition. For sound, you need to install it to SLE.

hmmm weird. what happened to you happen to me. now i have no sound. tried to reinstall it and now i got nothing.

Following this guide to make my USB for my E6420. Will report on how it works since I have the NVS 4200M on my model. Been having issues booting up my USB. Will update this post once I try to reboot again

Edit: So far the install seems to be going alright and it boots fine. I'll upload the required stuff for those who run the nvidia model of the e6420 once I get everything working or at least a majority of it. This booted with injected nvidia for running the NVS 4200M

Any progress on steps for E6420 with NVS4200M?

E6420 i7 8 GB NVS-4200-m 128 gB ssd

I was able to run Yosemite on my E6420 with Nvidia using optimus but the external monitor through dock is not working. ALso the camera was working but the image is distorted. Any pointers on how I can enable the external monitor? 

I have a E6420 with Core i7, NVidia and 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD

• Moderators

With Optimus enabled, Nvidia is disabled and HD 3000 is enabled. All external display will not be possible, I believe it's linked to the Nvidia card. 

If you want to external display, you'll need to use the Nvidia card and have Optimus disabled.

With Optimus enabled, Nvidia is disabled and HD 3000 is enabled. All external display will not be possible, I believe it's linked to the Nvidia card. 

If you want to external display, you'll need to use the Nvidia card and have Optimus disabled.

Thanks for replying to the post, From reading the other threads I figured that in order to enable NVIDIA I will have to patch my DSDT and SSDT. Is that the only change that will be needed to enable NVIDIA and if so how can I do it? I tried enabling NVIDIA in clover boot option but did not help.

IF i disable optimus then the computer does not boot. Has anyone had success using the NVIDIA with E6420 & Yosemite?