Upgrade from SL +EDP1.9 -> Lion +EDP 2.1 on D620?

kmand

I'm running 10.6.x and EDP 1.9 on a D620 with GMA950 graphics. I would like to Upgrade to Lion + EDP2.1. I still have a legitimate copy of InstallESD.dmg from my mac mini upgrade.

I know there are threads on installing Lion, but none that I found that speak specifically of doing this with EDP. The threads are generally about early attempts with a lot of back and forth about variations to deal with issues involving drivers and editing config files. Also, its not clear to me if I can do an upgrade or have to wipe out my running system.

Is there a particular thread I should look at?

I'm running 10.6.x and EDP 1.9 on a D620 with GMA950 graphics. I would like to Upgrade to Lion + EDP2.1. I still have a legitimate copy of InstallESD.dmg from my mac mini upgrade.

I know there are threads on installing Lion, but none that I found that speak specifically of doing this with EDP. The threads are generally about early attempts with a lot of back and forth about variations to deal with issues involving drivers and editing config files. Also, its not clear to me if I can do an upgrade or have to wipe out my running system.

Is there a particular thread I should look at?

This is the method i used.. https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/256-how-to-install-lion-on-d620/, also rebuild your system and make sure your not using apple battery manager in edp 1.9 , use voodoo battery kext instead. After i upgraded to 10.7 then i installed 2.1 with no problems.

This is the method i used.. https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/256-how-to-install-lion-on-d620/, also rebuild your system and make sure your not using apple battery manager in edp 1.9 , use voodoo battery kext instead. After i upgraded to 10.7 then i installed 2.1 with no problems.

Does the "sleep" trick (using the firmware password) work in Lion? What about playing DVD video?