[Guide] Dell Latitude E6430 with Yosemite 10.10 (14A389)

dunghv

Using experience

I got a problem with docking station. The computer gets kernel panic if it is boot while being plugged in docking station. Booting the computer and then plugging in the docking station is OK. No error occurs. UPDATE: Removing Private Data in Chameleon.Boot.Plist to fix the problem.

Battery is fully recognised so the system can operate longer than Mavericks on my laptop. However, it runs a little bit hotter than Mavericks. It seems a problem relating to accessing to hard disks. I did not have this problem when running Mavericks.

Can you please explain what you did to fix the kernel panic when booting from the docking station?

Can you please explain what you did to fix the kernel panic when booting from the docking station?

Actually, I did not figure out the problem. Recently, I upgraded the USB Kext and used defer-usb option. It seems to be fine.

But I still need to do mannualy. Boot the laptop without docking and then plug it in the docking.

Recently, I decided to change to Clover UEFI. The system seems to be more stable than Chameleon, in my opinion.

Reading many guides from many people, I successfully dualboot Windows 8 and Yosemite using Clover UEFI. The system seems to be more stable than Chameleon, in my opinion. Everything works fine except Function key does not work.

If you like it, I can post detailed step-by-step I did.

• Like 1

Guys,

E6430

2.89 GHz Intel Core i7

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Has anyone gotten the docking station to work.  Specifically the video. It was a pain to get it working on ML & Mavericks,  but we got it working.  After my upgrade I can't get it to work.  I even tried the AppleIntelFrameBufferCapi, the old DSDT, org,plist from my Mavericks installation. None of this has worked.

Hey Jake,  thanks for the great work!!

A couple of things I ran across...

I was performing an update.

1)  had to delete myhack.kext from SLE.  That was storing stuff from previous install.

Other than that,  it took some messing around,  but far easier than getting Mountain Lion on it!!

Now If I could just get the docking station working.

• Moderators

Grab the latest files here.

Port replicator works just fine. I could get only 2 displays working:

Tested with single DVI/DP or Enhanced Dock with dual DVI/DP

1. LCD with External monitor through Dvi
  2. LCD with External monitor through DP
  3. 2 External monitors with DVI
  4. 2 External monitors with DP
  5. 2 External monitors, 1 with DVI, 1 with DP

Note: if you have 1 or 2 setup and wants to move to 3 or 4 or 5, put system to sleep, close the LID, then wake system from the port replicator

if you have 3 or 4 or 5 and wants to move to 1 or 2, put system to sleep, open the Lid and then wake up the  system

LCD with HDMI works too, dock don't have HDMI output, HDMI audio works in this case.

HDMI video and DVI/DP video through dock works too and get HDMI audio output thru the HDMI video.

Thanks Jake.  I've been using your pack all along.  Very well documented and organized!!  I can't thank you enough.

I have the 6430 model with only the HD4000.  I am using your pack, unaltered, with the proper DSDT (2ch), and AppleIntellFrameBuffer_04.

I performed an upgrade.  Afteward in an attempt to get the docking station working, I deleted everything from S/L/E, and copied S/L/E from the install USB.  I did this to remove any lingering or outdated kexts that I may have installed.

General speaking, things are working.

Is there some BIOS thing I've missed?  Could there be something from Mavericks lingering and messing me up?  Ideas?

Thanks so much,  Jeff

The USB and Ethernet ports on the docking station work,  I am connected right now.  The video does not work.  (It did with Mav, and ML.)

When connected and I press FN F8, the video does try to change to the monitor, however the result is a fuzzy crazy screen (with visible and movable mouse cursor).  When I press F8 again, the fuzzy screen transfers back to my laptop, and I have to reboot.  *Note, I do not expect to have to press F8 to get the monitor to work,  I would expect that I would simply dock the laptop like I have done in the past.

• Moderators

I've tested the E6430 with HD 4000 with resolution 1366x768, bios A12 or below.

As mentioned on the guide, set BIOS to default, apply and then set SATA operations to AHCI, that's it.

External monitors detected automatically when docked, don't use Fn+F8.

Have you tried 'Detect Display' from preferences?

Ha!  I found my stupid mistake.

Looking at my working monitor right now!

3. Install kexts from /Extra/Extensions/SLE to /System/Library/Extensions with kextwizard (app attached)

I copied SLE into /Extra/Extensions,  not /System/Library/Extensions!!!

Sorry :(  I appreciate your time.

Great guide!  Greatly organized files!  Thanks a ton.  Everything working great!!