Unable to get Wifi working with Yosemite

Zevgoli

Hey folks,

While waiting for My Hack 4 to arrive I have managed to install Yosemite via Clover on my Optiplex 760. Everything is working quite well except for Wifi. I have a TP link USB adapter that worked in all previous iterations of Mac OS on this PC. On Yosemite I can't see to get it installed in Network under system preferences. I have installed the Green Lan utility and drivers that worked previously and try to connect via the utility. It seems to connect ok but then the status keeps changing from connected to disconnected and back again. Internet is unusable. I have a feeling that this adapter will not work. If so can anyone recommend another USB adapter to take its place?

Cheers, Howard

Well good news.  With more fiddling I have managed to get the TP-Link to work 100%.  For the record it is a TL-WN725N and works with automatic connection after booting to desktop.

I also used migration assistant to move all personal settings over from Maverick which is on a separate hard drive.  So I have everything I had before now under Yosemite and working well. 

Cheers, Howard

PS I cancelled the Netgear adapter order  :)

After importing all my files etc via migration assistant from Maverick and rebooting the adapter connected automatically. It uses the same utility as Mavericks did so it is a bit of a mystery as to why it connected under Yosemite. I did nothing extra as I said other than import my settings from the Mavericks hard drive.

The original install under Lion took quite some effort of uninstalling and reinstalling the 802 adapter in Network system preferences and reinstalling the driver till it finally just worked. I started off with RTL8188CUS from the Realtek site using version 2.0.1 for Mac until it worked. How exactly not completely sure. But my experience has shown that this happens often when dealing with hackintoshes. Trial and error.

Cheers, Howard