T410 Yosemite Backlight after sleep

Barki

• Moderators

You could do a manual build, see my Yosemite guide link in my signature.

Did you use a kext utility to replace the kexts or you just manually copy and paste?

After replacing the kexts, did you repair permission and rebuild cache?

Here's how I got it to boot. Remove the 2 kexts, repair permission.

Use kextwizard to install the patched kexts, run repair again.

UPDATE #2: Installed fine. After installation, couldn't boot from the USB to the HDD, even with -x -f -v. Tried two more times and it booted!! (I really used the same arguments!)

UPDATE: wait, the installer loaded fine after my 5th try, this time with -x -f -v. Fingers crossed.

Original text:

Thanks for replying. I tried your guide, then replacing the two kexts with kextwizard, initially just in S/L/E on the USB, then same problem. So I also installed them in Extra on the USB. Did the repair and rebuild cache after. Same problem. Does it have to do with my monitor has resolution of just 1200x800? (I think some have 1366).

Thanks, Jake, for your replies and helpful tutorials! I've finally gotten Yosemite to install and boot fine on my T410 with 1st gen Intel HD Graphics.  The main difficulty was that my laptop randomly boots even with the wrong framebuffer kext on the installation USB.  After days of trying, I ended up using the Alternate one and the installer boots consistently.

One thing is curious though.  After installing successfully, I constantly got a black screen upon boot, and had to use a working Mac OS X located on another partition to install all the AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kexts into the Yosemite partition.

With the graphics kext out of the way, the rest of the issues were newbie-related. Eg. not booting with -f after installing kexts -> it doesn't boot -> wrongly assumed it was a graphics issue again. Now I learned to use -f after any installation of kexts or system updates.  It was a slow process installing and testing kexts one by one, but I've finally got the keyboard/trackpad, audio, ethernet, WiFi via USB, AppStore (ethernet was not en0)...

Maybe I'll slowly tackle the other issues, like sleep and hibernation...

• Moderators

You need to disable Hibernation, it doesn't work in hackintosh.

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

For sleep, try the DSDT from my T410s bootpack. Install ACPIBatteryManager and remove NullCPUPowermanagement from Extra/Extensions

Thanks.  I installed the DSDT, removed NullCPUPowerManagement, and now it sleeps fine. It wakes, but USB ports don't work until a reboot. (Unplugging and replugging doesn't restore function. Looks like there is no power to the USB drive or WiFi dongle at all.)

Internal Bluetooth module sometimes disables itself after a reboot.  Booting into Windows and back seems to bring it back to life for now.

There is one other thing I cannot solve: Maps load a blank map, whether in map or satellite modes. It knows my favorite places and history, and I can see the pins, but the map tiles are empty.  Does this resolve itself once I get a compatible internet WiFi/BT card?  

Thx again!