D630 - 10.9.4 : last problems

bartman86

hi there,

followed the install method provided here (so my hack and the extras you have in your library).

Install went good, expet it stopped before being really done (one minute remaining). I powered the thing of, and rebooted from the harddrive. It booted, and a lot is working, speedy and stable! great!!

But I think in that last minute there are some files not copied.

BUT

I don't have :

- sound, fixed using the VoodooHDA frome source forge.net!

- power management don't work (it can't properly reboot or shutdown)

- wifi doesn't work (but don't need that)

- the onboard keyboard and trackpad arent working

I'm using this with external screen and external keyb, "like a desktop" - 

I attached some info (my mac info and my extras folder). If you need more, please yell :)

PS: I did a hackintoch before (2-3 years) with a optiplex GX620 (still running 10,6,8) - and it was a LOT harder then this - this is almost out of the box. great work!

post-74485-0-49847200-1425373439_thumb.png

Extra.zip

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Ok, will post you the definitive /Extra folder later on today.

Wireless will only work with a supported card. Intel cards are no go. Consult the non-exhaustive list of supported cards posted in R&D->Hardware section of the forum.

Ok, will post you the definitive /Extra folder later on today.

Wireless will only work with a supported card. Intel cards are no go. Consult the non-exhaustive list of supported cards posted in R&D->Hardware section of the forum.

ok... Was thinking that.but no worries - wifi is not needed (desktop mode :) )

Great - I'll wait for the extra's later.  :ph34r:

Just had a small problem . . the ethernet connection dropped dead ... reboot fixed it. maybe it was something else, dunno.

Last question. When I have this 10.9.4 fully running (powermgmgnt). Can I upgrade 'vanilla' to the 10.10, or do I need to fiddle again afterwards?

• Administrators

You can only "upgrade" to Yosemite through a fresh re-install. However, this can normally be done over your existing Mavericks installation and retain all your files and apps. This is a general process whatever the OS X release.

You can only "upgrade" to Yosemite through a fresh re-install. However, this can normally be done over your existing Mavericks installation and retain all your files and apps. This is a general process whatever the OS X release.

ok..

but after that 'over' install, do I need to reload/refind any kext?

and the 10.9.5 update. can it be done without harm? 

• Administrators

You can update to 10.9.5 either through Apple Menu->Update or via Combo update; it's totally straight, no issues.

If you want to experience with Yosemite, you may want to start afresh on a separate HDD partition so that you retain your Mavericks installation just in case... myHack not supporting Yosemite (yet..), there are some specific things to do with kexts to avoid problems. I posted a guide in R&D->Projects section. Look it up.

Meantime, here's a full Mavericks pack for your D630 nVidia. Check your BIOS settings against the recommended ones published in the dedicated thread on the matter in this very forum section.

D630n_10.9_pack.zip