Dell Precision M4800 (i7-4800MQ) Help

Hamish Claxton

HDMI certainly is. Jake having provided details for the Azul framebuffer patch, I was able to verify HDMI operation on my mobile HD4600-based Latitude E6440 laptop as described here.

Yeah, I was reading up and having been trying to patch the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext using Pike R. Alpha's AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh. Was trying a few configurations and also tried your configuration however still no HDMI.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quadro K1100M might not be supported, so you might have to use Intel HD 4600.

HDMI output might not work either if it's attached to Nvidia and you're using HD 4600.

Have a look at this guide.

Be warned, he modded the BIOS, this could brick your system. System is similar but not exact model.

This would be a start.

Thanks, I have mostly everything working ETH/WIFI/CAM/Audio/Alps.

I need to unload and reload the audio kext's.  [Fixed]

I followed your HD4600 guide using the clover config.plist method, but have the sketchy menu bar/ laggy video.

I have not messed with DSDT/SSDT's yet, as i need to read up on what to do.

I will look at that guide you posted, but if I can get the HD4600 working properly I'll call it good enough at 1920x1080.

I can't tell if the DSDT file is loading.  I have patched everything, and followed many guides, but with our without the DSDT.aml file in EIF/CLOVER/ACIP/patched/ I see no difference in the patched items like Sleep / Battery / Intel HD4600.  My display still flickers on Chrome / Login Screen and the app menu bar disappears sometimes.

I will follow the guide above for the QHD+ display.  Thanks for the help.