Dell Precision M4800 (i7-4800MQ) Help

Hamish Claxton

• Moderators

Since you want to learn to do everything yourself, I'll just get you the links but you could've easily find all those with a search in our forum or google.

For battery, install rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager v1.55, latest version. Ethernet, try AppleIntelE1000e v3.10 or IntelMausiEthernet.

SD Card  patch by joe82. By the way, the AppleHDA patch for ALC292 was done by joe82 as well

AppleHDA Binary patch script by bcc9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thanks for the links. I did some research of my own. 

Ethernet works via AppleIntelE1000e v3.10, and the SD Card patch works a charm too.

ACPIBatteryManager works, and enables the battery icon, however it always reports as 0% and on battery the screen dims and brightness - quite annoying. Looks like I'll have to try a DSDT edit. 

One really annoying thing that happened though, was that the Audio which was working fine, just stopped working. No idea what happened. All I did was install the kexts, and yeah. I wonder what could be causing this odd behaviour. 

I'll have a look for that AC Adapter fix.

Managed to get Audio working by completely removing AppleHDA.kext & AppleHDAALC.kext then re-installing them using Kext Utility. Afterwards I verified & repaired permissions with Disk Utility and after a reboot, Audio is working again. I'll install CodecCommander anyway, as I'm sure it'll be needed when I get sleep working properly. 

As for HDMI & HDMI Audio, they do not work. Come to think of it, I use a Dell E-Port Plus Advanced Replicator II Dock. (http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&l=en&s=dhs&cs=audhs1&sku=452-11521)

The dock seemed to work fine when Optimus was off and only the NVIDIA GPU was active. So I'd like to try and get that working if at all possible. On the laptop directly I have DP, VGA & HDMI. Not expecting VGA to work as its not supported, don't use it anyway. The dock has 2 DP, 2 DVI & 1 VGA. I'll do a thorough test of all the dock features (USB 3.0, Ethernet, etc) later.

Just tested the rest of the ports on my dock. As I already knew, the DVI & DP ports don't work, same with the VGA port. The Serial/Parallel ports don't work and the same with the PS/2 ports - not going to use those ports anyway. However USB 2.0/3.0 ports, the Ethernet port and the eSATA/USB combo port, as well as the Headphone/Microphone jacks all work fine.

Also I can't seem to find that AC Adapter fix you're talking about.

Trying to fix boot lag, as in for about the first 30 seconds there is lag, can tell because the mouse is all jumpy, some items load slow. Could that be because the CPU is running at a lower frequency at boot, or is it because I'm running off an USB 2.0 USB TO IDE EHDD?

I've generated a SSDT using Pike R. Alpha's script and checking/viewing the P States using AppleIntelInfo.kext. Seems to work fine and am able to see all the P States. However, just when reading up, according to this page:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

I should be seeing the AppleLPC, X86PlatformPlugin & ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin kexts loaded, but I only see the X86PlatformPlugin.kext loaded.

• Administrators

[...]

Are DP, DVI & HDMI possible on the HD 4600?

HDMI certainly is. Jake having provided details for the Azul framebuffer patch, I was able to verify HDMI operation on my mobile HD4600-based Latitude E6440 laptop as described here.