E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Hi, OK config is attached.. (note: i'm also using your most recent DSDT and SSDT from this thread..)

There are lots of things in the config that i need to spend time understanding... a it *seems* (to me anyway) there is a bunch of stuff that could/should be changed perhaps? - i'll go into details in another post tho

I was typing this post from the mac, but when i had mail/calendar/chrome/spotify/etc. all open, the gfx locked up and i had to hard reboot it... so now typing it out again from windows ;)

My previous post i wasn't using your SSDT btw, but now i am i've noticed two things:

1. 'Power Nap' or something seems to be enabled under power settings
2. cmd+insert now shuts the machine down instead of putting it to sleep

everything else *seems* to be fine though..

re: USB 'randomly' stopping, it's not random.. i just didn't notice previously as i was only using the track-pad but when coming out of sleep all the USB sockets cease to function

re: HDMI, can't test that... but i have checked a Mini DisplayPort to VGA this morning, and it also caused the machine to hang and then i had to hard reboot... following the reboot (i left it attached), the second monitor worked, although with a v. low resolution

7Stt5As.jpg

m1nkeh-e7250-20150529.config.plist.zip

• Moderators

Add this to KextToPatch to fix the USB on Wake issue

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable USB3 after wake for Intel 8 series chipset</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
xoDIAAAAAQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
xoDIAAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

To fix the CMD+Insert shutdown issue, go to the terminal and run the following

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /Dev/Null

To get system to sleep with LID close (I forgot to mention) you have to close the LID twice. First time you notice the LCD won't turn off, second time it's off and sleep initiates. I'm looking for a fix now.

GPU lock up happened to me too but mouse will still moves, but have not recently. Some suggest restarting from Windows will eliminate this issue, but  I don't have Windows running on it. See if this works for you too.

I noticed you still have the FB patch in the config, is that needed still? Have you tested without it?

I'll test the DP and see if I get the same result, but prefer to have HDMI working...

To fix the CMD+Insert shutdown issue, go to the terminal and run the following

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /Dev/Null

i assume this is basically just disabling hibernation..

To get system to sleep with LID close (I forgot to mention) you have to close the LID twice. First time you notice the LCD won't turn off, second time it's off and sleep initiates. I'm looking for a fix now.

ah yes, i did notice this... but it didn't really sink in ;)

GFX lock up happened to me too but mouse will still moves, but have not recently. Some suggest restarting from Windows will eliminate this issue, but  I don't have Windows running on it. See if this works for you too.

i think this is probably the most serious issue right now, as it worries about actually using the device.... if i'm attempting to work or something i don't really fancy a machine that could lock up at any moment.. i don't have windows installed on this machine (yet) either, but will do eventually.. could this really be a viable fix?

I noticed you still have the FB patch in the config, is that needed still? Have you tested without it?

yeah, just left it in there and didn't really think anything of it... i assume this is in the DSDT now?

i wonder if the frame buffer thing is related to the gfx lock up? :|

I'll test the DP and see if I get the same result, but prefer to have HDMI working...

cool, good luck!

new BIOS released on Wed, looks like it has some 'urgent' fixes for a bunch of stuff..

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=72M4V&fileId=3460556066&osCode=W764&productCode=latitude-e7250-ultrabook&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

might install it and see how we go, but before i do will existing DSDT and SSDT be ok?

• Moderators

I have not have issue with DSDT/SSDT issue after updating BIOS on my other models before, but won't know until we try.

Maybe it might have a good outcome to fix the hanging issue 8-)

Update:

Updated BIOS to A04

Updated Clover to v3215 

So far not issue found.

Also got Bluetooth working with the Intel AC 7265 card.

Go to IOBluetoothFamily->contents->Plugins->BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport->Contents->info.plist

Edit Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_D 

idProduct = 2602

idVendor =32903

Update2:

I think  I got Sleep with lid fix, I used Rehabman's ACPIPoller.kext and DSDT patch

Finally tested the mini DisplayPort to DVI. No issue at all, with full resolution and no hang

Tried patching FB for HDMI, still causes hang and auto reboot...more testing needed

re: Bluetooth mine worked completely OOTB, i have been tethering to my iPhone for internet access for a while now (started with USB, then moved to BT when the USB stopped working from sleep)

the BCM94352Z M.2 card has arrived now, I'm going to stick it in the machine this evening, fingers crossed for WiFi(!)... will i need to re-install OS X?

So I've done two things: updated the BIOS, and applied the change that you mention to the BT switch (which worked)...

Now I don't seem to be able to enter sleep... the screen goes black, but I never actually enter sleep... which is a bit annoying  ;)

• Moderators

Sleep works fine for me with the above updates.

Have not been messing with it for the time being until I get the wireless card install.

Most things are working, only need HDMI working as the last thing.