E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

i have *finally* received my DW1560 card from the US that an old school friend kindly ordered and shipped over for me...

right... that's my Saturday evening sorted, did you get it working ok Jake?

oh, also.. slight side query, what's the best way to encrypt a hackintosh HDD? can i use filevault2?

• Moderators

Yes, got wireless and bluetooth working with these kexts:

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2

FakePCIID

BTFirmwareUploader

Have not try Hand-off and Hotspot as I don't own an iPhone.

Yes, FileVault 2 is a good option but I have not use it personally as  I don't store anything personal. I constantly wiping and reinstalling.

New update:

Joe82 helped me patched AppleHDA for ALC293, work perfectly except still need to test the sleep/wake issue with EAPD. Last thing would be HDMI video, can't test HDMI audio until that's figured out.

sounds good re: sound... will this support headphones and external speakers?

i read re: HD5500 gfx to try experimenting with the id, as apparently it doesn't really need to match what is in the system... i think someone got the HDMI working by pretending to be an HD6000...

I've got loads to do on my machine... it was all pending on the WiFi arriving, and also getting an OEM Win8.1 disk from DELL so i can a ) Get Win10 free upgrade, and b ) use UEFI install as idon't have a CD Key to install windows for messing around with the BIOS DVMT overrride

So it's "ok" to use VF2 w/ Clover? It's not going to brick it or anything?

Ty.

• Moderators

Off topic, but Windows Key is now embedded in the system board. Use RWEverthing to find the key.

Thanks for the info regarding HDMI, I'll give that a try.

Update:

Switching ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 enables both HDMI and DP, hot plug without any issue.

Trying to enable HDMI Audio now. After patching B0D3 to HDAU in DSDT, system KP. 

yeah i saw that tool, issue is i have no windows installed at all to run the tools to read the key (not even previous win verison)... going to crack on with editing the DVMT / BIOS tomorrow, so i had to order up an OEM disk (which took 7 working days to rock up) that would read the key from the mainboard upon install.

I assumed that DVMT was set to 96MB (0x3)since Windows show 64MB of Dedicated Video Memory as per FireWolf’s guide. Well, that’s not the case for this system. I found out that it’s set to 0x1 which is 32MB. After setting it to 0x3, system booted successfully with full QE/CI without having to patch the FB binary file to pass the Stolen Memory assertion.

Here’s what you need to change the DVMT value (Done on Windows or WinPE)

Sat down to look at this last night in an attempt to unlock all the menu options in the BIOS - failed hard.

I have prepared a BIOS to flash with the updated DVMT var, but i'm not sure how happy i am with just changing a variable like this.. seems a bit erm, "scrappy".

• Moderators

1 step forward and another step back.

Finally able to get HDMI Video/Audio working, but only to lose the mouse after sleep. External USB mouse would still work, but need to figure out why PS2 mouse stopped responding.

Updating DVMT is all that's needed to get the hack going, I don't see a need to unlock anything else.