Dual Booting question, PLEASE HELP

Andy

I have used the technique described in wiki to install Snow Leopard using USB intall pen, one HD and one partition for Snow leopard. This install is fully working. And after having tried different ways, I can say that the USB intall pen method is very easy , efficient and fast.

Now, I would like to make it dual boot with win7.

I am confused as the steps mentioned in the wiki.

1. Does it assume a fully working MAC OS?

2. Resizing your disk (Method 1). Is there another method?

3. Should I follow excatly as described the following steps:

Resizing your disk (Method 1):

Modify your GUID disk to allow Windows 7 to install:

Install Windows 7:

Setup the bootloader to allow OSX to boot properly:

Thanks in advance.

I have been at this all the long, made 4 installs with no 100% success. The last one requires the usb pen so both OS's can be accessed.

My question is : The last step when you install chameleon, is it installed in the OSX partition or Win7?

Thanks.

This last time, everything flowed like Wiki states. gptsync returned good results, win7 got installed in partition 4 as per wiki, and I installed chameleon from within EDP in the root of OSX partition.

I really appreciate if one of the wiki masters or Leon can step in and provide some needed help.

Thanks in advance.

post-2786-091574400 1320535797_thumb.jpg

post-2786-027271300 1320535834_thumb.jpg

post-2786-035971300 1320535874_thumb.jpg

post-2786-008561600 1320535942_thumb.jpg

post-2786-072165900 1320535986_thumb.jpg

post-2786-005473800 1320536009_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

use boot0md option from chameleon wizard or champ list and do as the last screen states repair windows or vice versa forgot with goes first.... you after windows repair you will have to boot osx with the thumb drive to re install chameleon boot0md is the one you want and install to lion partition....

use boot0md option from chameleon wizard or champ list and do as the last screen states repair windows or vice versa forgot with goes first.... you after windows repair you will have to boot osx with the thumb drive to re install chameleon boot0md is the one you want and install to lion partition....

Bronxteck,

Thanks for giving me some hope here. I have been running the chameleon from within the EDP1.9.1, and it does not give me its wizard. The Chameleon from the EDP has the glowing DELL logo that I like.

Please let me know which version it is that has a wizard, or I have to type something into the Terminal to make it come up with the wizard.

Again thanks.

Hi my friend,

I got the chameleon wizard, but it is asking for i386 folder. Should I look for it on my Snow Leopard partition?

Also, I ran the chameleon from EDP1.9.1 first, then the chameleon wizard so I get to select the boot0md option.

Thanks.

Update: I now can not boot OSX even in Safe mode. Please see the attached pictures, looks like the PS2 controller and network drivers are messed up. Is there a way to fix this, or should I start all over again for the nth time?

post-2786-071049700 1320602407_thumb.jpg

post-2786-046201400 1320605111_thumb.jpg

post-2786-088965400 1320605137_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

weird in second pic it shows that fakesmc is loaded twice... maybe once in sle

and also extra?... did you boot with -x -v? make sure to let chame wiz update to the newest version. are you running lion or snow this time with edp 1.9.1? does it boot fine from the pen drive?

weird in second pic it shows that fakesmc is loaded twice... maybe once in sle

and also extra?... did you boot with -x -v? make sure to let chame wiz update to the newest version. are you running lion or snow this time with edp 1.9.1? does it boot fine from the pen drive?

I gave up on fixing it, so I loaded a new Snow Leopard, just got finish setting it up and now it is doing the latest update for 10.6.8. Then I am going to do resize the drive, gptsync, and install win7. That's where I was before.

When I was in Chameleon wiz, it was asking for the i386 folder in order to select boot0md option.

So here are my question to you:

1. What to do in Chameleon wiz for the i386 folder? I searched all folders on my OSX Snow Leopard partition, nothing found. Is it a download in the wizard?

2. Should I run the whole chameleon again either the cham wiz or after it?

3. When I am in cham wiz, is selecting the boot0md option the only thing I need to do to get this dual booting to work?

Again, thank yoo for your help.

chameleon svn repo must be down that program automatically downloads it.. wow what luck you got.... i386 folder gets generated after compiling chameleon source code. so i compiled it for you... :)

Does it need to be in specific folder, or just point the cham wiz to it? I placed it in Documents and it wants to install it on SL_HD ( my osx snow leopard partition ) or the USB pen., and these are the only choices in the drop down selection.

UPDATE:

After I select to install the i386 folder in the SL_HD (OSX partition, then win7 does not boot anymore, and the win7 DVD can not repair it. Going to reinstall win7 again.

Looks like I need to do run the chameleon first , and maybe the cham wizard right after?