Dual Booting question, PLEASE HELP

Andy

Does it need to be in specific folder, or just point the cham wiz to it? I placed it in Documents and it wants to install it on SL_HD ( my osx snow leopard partition ) or the USB pen., and these are the only choices in the drop down selection.

UPDATE:

After I select to install the i386 folder in the SL_HD (OSX partition, then win7 does not boot anymore, and the win7 DVD can not repair it. Going to reinstall win7 again.

Looks like I need to do run the chameleon first , and maybe the cham wizard right after?

Latest Status:

Win7 boots , and using usb pen I can get to OSX. When I boot with usb pen, there is no icon for win7. Every time, I do the boot0md , I lose the win7 and it can not be repaired.

• Administrators

then they must have messed up something in the new version of chameleon or you need internet access so chame wiz can get updated. to see the other selection you have to hit the spacebar when chame is loading

then you will see win 7

Bronxteck,

Let me summarize for you the steps I am taking. Maybe something is not right:

1. Build a fully functional SL OSX including the chameleon, steps as stated in wiki.

2. Resize the disk.

3. gptsync, and looks like it returns good results.

4. Install win7 in disk0 partition 4. I am able to delete, and format this partition. Then I install win7 64bit on it. As soon as win7 is operational, it takes over. The only way to get into OSX is now via booting off of USB pen.

5. By USB pen, I get into OSX. I install chameleon through edptool.command ( item 3 ). then I do chameleon wizard in item 4 of the EDP. The first time, cham wizard updated itself. then i choose boot0md, I point to the i386 folder. Then it asks for my password, then it give me choices of SL_HD or USB pen. I guess from what you said it should also show the win7 partition. So I can not see why it is showing win7.

Should I run the chameleon after I run cham wiz? Is there any images that can help you trouble shoot this?

Saturday, as an experiment during OSX install, I made two parition in the hard drive. And I installed OSX in the first one, and the win7 in the 2nd one. With this scheme, when I booted off of the usb pen, the chameleon showed three choices to boot from: OSX , USB pen, Window NTFS .

Again, I thank you for your time and patience.