Install Yosemite on E6540

Stolidedog

Thanks for your help too.

I tested the hot plug for HDMI audio for giggles and no go. Same behavior.

I don't have the back light function icon so I doubt I have it period.

I'll have to get back to you on the lid. I can't test it right now. It did seem to work ok before.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSDT was already patched for SD Card reader. Check Disk Utility to see if it needs to be formatted.

Please upload your latest ioreg so it could be confirmed.

Checked Disk Utility again and nothing shows.   IO Reg attached.

Also, I have the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card.  I've installed BTFirmwareUploader_v2.8.5_Final.zip from here.

I also applied the patches for XT to US fix and recognize as Apple card posted here.

I'm curious if I need to do any DSDT patching.  I tried to follow the posts, but they didn't seem to make sense.  I couldn't find where the patching should go in the DSDT.  Wifi seems to work well.  Bluetooth seems to loose itself, but what gather is it seems like bugs in Apple's OS and Bluetooth problems seem to plague lots of Macs running Yosemite.

I don't want to side track on this, but if you guys have any insight, please pass it along.

Bob

MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip

• Administrators

I can see your SD card reader at RP08@1C,7 listed as device id pci1217,8520. The DSDT patch should therefore work since it's the exact same hardware as on the E6440, located under the same DSDT device and at the same address.

Did you check that it's not disabled in BIOS settings?

One other thing I've noticed is that I renamed the original Device (PXSX) to Device (SDXC) in my patch, whereas your IOReg shows the original PXSX device and no AppleSDXC kext loaded. I'm pretty sure I did this renaming in a 2nd stage once the 1st patch (compatible statement added) was proved successful, but I would suggest you try and rename your device as per the linked patch above. I would also check that you don't have a typo in your DSDT patch.

My E6440 IOReg:

E6440_IOReg.jpg

Your E6540 IOReg:

E6540_IOReg.jpg

It works.  It wasn't the DSDT at all.  I had the AppleSDXC.kext from your original post in /S/L/E.  I replaced it with the 10.10.4 original and it shows up fine.

Thanks for the help.  Any tips with the Wifi / BT card that you know of would be appreciated.  

Bob