[SOLVED] E6430 Problem getting clover up and running

firewall

Looking for some help please in getting Mavericks installed onto dell e6430. Trying to follow this guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-dell-latitude-5x30-6x30-clover-install-guide/

Can get to clover at startup but select install mavericks then get kp with type 13 general protection registers! 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of where I have gone wrong? 

dell e6430 1600 x 900 hd4000. 

Appreciate any help or pointers thank you 

Thanks Jake Lo again for offering to help hope this attached photo explains better than I am doing. USB was done on old laptop

Have hopefully managed to copy correctly to USB and have got to below stage

4. Restart with USB plugged in a USB 2.0 port, select these options in BIOS:

- Function keyboard: Function mode
- Disk: AHCI
- UEFI Boot: Enabled
- Secure Boot: Disabled
- Legacy Rom: Disabled
- Add boot option: Add EFI\Boot\Bootx64.efi in USB, then move the boot entry to top.

Save settings and restart.

5 Clover bootloader screen will show up (if not, add Clover in USB in BIOS again), select "Boot OS X Install from xxxxxxx" (your OS X Installer partition). This is where it all goes tits up.

post-7390-0-63866300-1447095320_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

It's for power management which is not supported natively and require a patch such as the one Bronxteck suggested. You could use NullCPUPowermangement will be fix that KP or since you're using Clover, enabling that will automatically patch the kext for you.

Open the Config.plist with Clover Configurator 4.24/4.25. Under Kernel and Kext patches, enable 'Asus AICPUPM'

• Like 1