[SOLVED] M4800 - Help needed for AppleHDA (ALC292)

vanquybn

• Administrators

Check that the DSDT compiles without errors before you modify the code. Raw DSDT tables often have code that returns compilation errors from the onset. If it does compile properly, replace all references to B0D3 by HDAU, not just the device itself.

• Administrators

I can't be 100% certain but I would expect HDMI audio to be managed through the integrated HD4600. This may require to use Rehabman's FakePCIID kexts.

Your patched DSDT shows 2 x consecutive and different DSM methods in HDAU device. This is incorrect to me...

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03
                        })
                    }
                    Return (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    })
                }
            }
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03
                    })
                }
                Return (Package (0x04)
                {
                    "layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }

I tried it and also with additional kexts FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio installed in S/L/E.

Result:

Internal display works on Intel HD 4600 (1536MB) with better performance + sound works too. But HDMI or DP output doesn't work. I have 24" Dell Monitor and 42"TV Sony. Any of them doesn't work. 

When I removed these 3 kext mentioned above, HDMI and DP ports works, also together, so I have 3 display connected (internal display, 24" LCD and 42" TV) but with sound from internal speaker or from headphones.

Without 3 kexts I got Nvidia Graphics. Ok I will try your files from M6800 and post result.
P. S. Your photo in link is from M4800, not from M6800. M6800 is 17,3", so it must have wider borders on the left/right side ;)

Update #1:

After installing HDMIAudio.kext, my sound from internal speaker or headphone jack stopped work. And now only from HDMI output works (connected Sony TV via DP)

So then I checked your DSDT from M6800 and my from M4800. Its are very similar, so I start make sound working again. I checked HDAU and HDEF in your DSDT and correct in my DSDT. Then I remove every used kexts for sound, removed every patches in Clover config file used for AppleHDA and AppleHDA_ALC292.

Then I install yours kext AppleHDA, CodecCommander and HDMIAudio again and voila, SOUND WORKS!!!

Internal speaker, headphone jack and also HDMI output. So I would like to THANK YOU.