EM7305 WWAN module: does it work under El Capitan?

RiaanW12

Just an update...

Thought I will try install Yosemite to see if the WWAN Module works in in version 10.10.5, and surely it did.

The WWAN module without any kext installation showed up in my System Report under my USB devices as it was suppose to do, after the kext installation I was able to connect with my data sim card.

So in short I doubt this will work in El Capitan even with updated kext, reason being it doesnt even reflect under my USB devices in System Report. Not sure if Apple "removed" it from 10.10.5 to 10.11 that it is disabled or so.

Anyways if anyone has some info or input with regards to this it would be appreciated. 

• Administrators

Problem is undoubtedly due to the known issue of Apple having thoroughly modified the way USB ports are managed in El Capitan. I suggest you identify the technical details of all your USB ports through an IOReg extract from Yosemite, then adjust your DSDT and USB kexts in EC to try and ensure all your USB ports are detected and enabled. At the moment, it's not the case under 10.11, hence lack of WWAN module.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response.

I got my WWAN working so that it shows up under my System Report under USB devices and WWAN device using the following method... https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

Quite an easy fix, just install USBInjectAll.kext and off you go.

Now my next step is to get Skvo's Sierra QMI Kext to work as it doesn't work in El Capitan tested now several times, basically to make the modem active to connect in system preferences. 

Any suggestions?

• Administrators

As just advised in a similar thread for macOS Sierra, Skvo's Yosemite kext cannot be re-used in El Capitan because references in CellPhoneHelper's Info.plist are different in El Capitan. Some parameters have different names/syntax.

As such, Skvo's kext must be modified to take the new syntax/references of El Capitan into account.

Lines such as those listed in the other Sierra-related thread must be modified to adopt the same syntax used in El Capitan's version of CellPhoneHelper kext.