E6410 Mavericks installation question/problem

poodle78

Hello.  This is my first post.  I want to thank everyone who has gone ahead and found out how to do all of these things.  Now, I recently purchased a Dell E6410 off eBay for the sole purpose of installing OSX.  It has Intel graphics, and an Intel wifi card.  I found the earlier posts on how to make a USB installer and how to insert the Extras and all of that, and it seems to work about 85% or better.  The one thing I am having a problem with is the (almost) constant movement of the cursor on its own.Generally, it seems to "flow" downhill from right to left.  It doesn't matter if I am using the trackpad or an external mouse.  The puzzling thing is that it doesn't happen all the time, but more than half the time.  Is there a fix for this?

Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestions; I will look into both of these.  The thing is: when I received the pc, it had Win7 on it, and there was nothing wrong with the cursor.  One thing I did notice was that the cursor acted up while I was installing the mac OS.  Another thing I left out was that it doesn't do this all the time, but maybe a bit more than half the time.