Lenovo P400 El Capitan Intel HD 4000 not working

embergeorge

Because I never made it to create a bootable hackintosh distro. I tried a lot of times but never booted. Also almost every tutorial ask for a Mac. If I had a Mac, why I suppose to create a hackintosh to try mac? I never understood!
Also I am a FreeBSD user. That's mean that I use FreeBSD as my main OS and I have not even windows on my computer (Now I have a windows 10 on an hdd just for play NFS most wanted :)  ) and my laptop was running Linux so I had a little problem to create a bootable :)
In the past, when it was free, I was using Iat.... on an Hdd on my desktop. It was amazing. Everything was working excellent. So today after a lot of useless tries to create a bootable hackintosh, i thought just to give 10 euros to buy the Iat... distro.

Ps. I wrote again on org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>4<s/tring>

And again is not working

Also I booted with IntelCapriFB=4 and is still not working. Has no logic all this!

This is I get now. AppleIntelHD4000Graphics and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri are not the same as previous that was working
Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_7_41_23_PM.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

What Hervé suggests is that now that you have a semi working hack, you can download El Capitan from Appstore for FREE and create a new vanilla Installer. You can use the /Extra folder with working kexts and config file.

It could be your cache is not working right since when you booted with -f -v combo, it seems to boot sometimes with correct graphics. Try repairing it with the following commands in terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I attached some vanilla files from my 10.11.2 system, install them to /S/L/E and see if that helps.

HD 4000.zip

When I will finish all this one day, I will ask to send me a complete tutorial to create a bootable Hackintosh with your way. Just now i feel too tired to start all over again :(

I tried the kexts you send me. I have the same problem. Also on Rebuilding cache I get errors!

Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_8_05_14_PM.jpg

• Moderators

See Hervé's El Capitan Chameleon guide here.

Only thing you need is the /Extra folder from your current build instead of from the guide.

You probably don't have an /Extra/Extensions folder as all the custom kexts are installed to /S/L/E

Looking at the link you have above, the following kexts are what you need copied from /S/L/E to /Extra/Extensions for the bootpack

VoodooHDA

AppleHDADisabler

RealtekRTL8100

NullCPUPowermanagement

IOath3kfrmwr

LPCSensor

GPUSensor

CPUSensors

FakeSMC

AppleRTC_10112

ApplePS2Keyboard

ApplePS2Controller

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad

ApplePS2ElanTouchpad

AHCIInjector

ACPIBatteryManager

GenericUSBXHCI (not sure this is needed)

msdosFS (not sure this is needed)