[SOLVED] E5530 + El Capitan | Integrated Webcam

dpw95

• Administrators

Ok, so it's the exact same Sonix Technology model as fitted to my E6230. It's supported OOB in El Capitan and even beyond...

Sonix_webcam_ElCapitan.jpg Sonix_webcam_Sierra.jpg

It's therefore probably a simple matter of sorting out your USB ports.
Sonix_webcam.jpg

The USB ports of my E6230 all work OOB and without any USB injector kext or DSDT patch other than proper renaming of USB2.0 devices to EHC1/EHC2. I run MBP9,2 SMBIOS but it was the same behaviour with MBA5,2 profile,

Can you please post?

• your DSDT
  • a saved IOReg output
  • the SMBIOS profile you use

Thanks again for such a quick response!

Before retrieving what you're requesting here, do you want me to pull that data from this machine while it's running Yosemite, or would you prefer that I put El Capitan back on first and then capture that data?

Update to the thread....

I performed a clean install of El Capitan, and wouldn't you know, the integrated webcam was detected.

I don't know if this would be the culprit, but when I was pursuing an installation solution in the thread below months back, I had used a bootpack for the 6230 model for this 5530 laptop.

Link:  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8592-solved-dell-latitude-e5530-el-capitan-success/

Perhaps there was something missing from that which prevented the camera from being installed?

In any event, things are staged as needed now.

My sincere thanks to Herve and Jake Lo for lending your valuable input as always!