X240 El Capitan audio, sleep issues

davidkoscso

Hi!

I am using a Lenovo x240 laptop as a Hackintosh running the latest El Capitan release. It is stable, fast and usable, but I have two issues. The first one is Audio, the second is sleep/wake. 

I use the latest Clover with custom DSDT to make it functional. I attached my EFI/CLOVER folder if someone is interested in making the X240 OS X compatible.

Sound works with VoodooHDA obviously, but I would like to have a patched AppleHDA and get rid of the VoodooHDA. I've seen some people were able to do it with the Realtek ALC292, but I couldn't crack it yet. I tried patched HDAs for this chip but the only thing I managed is the audio device shows up in system profiler, but no actual sound. I've read suggestion to install EAPDfix kext, but after I install it I get kernel panic.

Sleep/wake is not functioning properly. The laptop goes to sleep if I close the lid or press sleep from the menu and with the power button as well, but I am not able to wake it up no matter what I try. Power button, lid, keyboard, mouse it doesn't matter ignores all these attempts to wake it. Before I applied the custom DSDT it was not able to sleep only the display turned off. I've seen some people with the Lenovo T440, which is quite similar to the X240, were able to do it with out problems. I must miss something easy, but I am stuck for now. I tried to use the Generic USBXHCI kext with the boot flags -gux_nosleep and -gux_defer_usb2 but I noticed that my system uses the AppleUSBXHCI so the flag has no effect.

Any ideas?

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

@davidkoscso

You need to remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler if you have them installed. Then install AppleHDA_ALC292 to /S/L/E, it won't load from /Clover/Kext.

You'll also need to keep the vanilla AppleHDA in /S/L/E, restore it if you removed it.

I checked you DSDT, there are lots of error. What patch did you apply to them?

You'll need to use layout-id=1 under HDEF also.

Please list your System's specs:

CPU

Display resolution

GPU

Thanks guys you just made my day :)

I made the audio layout 1 correction in my DSDT then installed the patched AppleHDA, CodecCommander and removed the unnecessary kexts from the CLOVER kext folder.

Now got working sound with out VoodooHDA which is a relief. Internal speakers, mic and headphone jack works flawlessly. 

What did you do with the AppleHDA? I would like to understand it, please.

Unfortunately I can't test it after sleep because that's still not working. Do you have any ideas on that problem?

Btw my hardware specs are the following:

i5 4300U CPU 1,9 GHz 

Intel 4400 HD GPU

1366x768 screen res.

4 GB Ram

These DSDT fixes are applied from Rehab repo:

Haswell brightness fix

IRQ fix

T440p battery fix

Fix mutex

HPET fix

RTC fix

7 and 8 series USB

I will try it out, but actually I don't know if I need the fix because I can't wake the laptop up after falling to sleep. No matter what I do open the lid, press the keyboard, mouse or power button the computer is stuck in sleep state. The only thing which works is a long press of the power button which turns off the machine completely. That is an issue I try to fix but haven't been able to do it yet. If you have any tips on that it would appreciate it.

• Moderators

Get rid of all the ssdt-XX in your patched folder. Generated an SSDT.aml with ssdtPRGen.sh for you CPU.

In Config file, under SSDT enable 'DropOEM', disable Generate P and C state if you have them enable.

Also try disabling hibernatemode

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo rm -/var/vm/sleepimage

sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null