Acer v15 nitro intel HD 4600 Apple boot logo problem garble

hoanglongvu

• Moderators

For QE/CI, I don't think you need inject EDID, so uncheck it.

The AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches, you have way too many and I don't know if you need them all.

Enable just a few to test at a time.

Do you have FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID installed?

You'll need a DSDT to disable the Nvidia card too to save battery life.

• Like 1

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul from KextsToPatch i only use Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006
other options patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul from KextsToPatch was locked.
- I have installed FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID
- Can you help me how to enable QE/CI should not use inject EDID
sorry my english not good.

• Administrators

To obtain graphics acceleration with your mobile HD4600, whether with Yosemite or El Capitan, here's my recommendation:

1. use Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_Graphics kexts. You can inject those by i) placing them in Clover/kexts/10.xx folder or ii) cache them by placing them in /Library/Extensions + repair permissions + rebuild cache. Presumably, you'll want FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio too in order to obtain audio through HDMI output via patched AppleHDA. If you're using VoodooHDA, then you have no HDMI audio so this kext does not apply.
  2. inject desktop HD 4600 id 0x0412 either through DSDT or through Clover config. OS X has no support for mobile HD 4600 0x0416.
  3. inject the appropriate Azul Framebuffer id either through DSDT or through Clover config (you can try Azul FB #12 0x0a260006 to begin with)

If you opt for the DSDT patch, you need to add a DSM method to your IGPU device section (the device may be called differently) found at integrated GPU address 0x00020000. The patch should look similar to this (there are variants of course):

Device (IGPU)
       {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    /* DSM method to inject HD4600 data */
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x12, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00           /* Injects desktop id 0x0412  */
                        }, 

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A           /* Injects Azul FrameBuffer #12 */
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

`

For the final stage boot glitch, you need to patch the IOGraphicsFamily kext, either directly through direct binary kext patching or on-the-fly with Clover. The patch differs between Yosemite and El Capitan.

• Yosemite 10.10.2 and later -> replace 4188C4EB11 by 4188C4EB31
  • El Capitan 10.11.xx -> replace 0100007517 by 010000EB17 (works for my E6440 with HD4600). Afaik, replacement by 0100007417 was for 10.11 DP/DB versions.

You can look these up on the web, there are literally tons of posts about these issues. Please search before posting next time.

• Like 1