[HELP] Dell Precision M6800 OS X El Capitan 10.11

valuxin

no, the display brightness can not be reduced, if you have Nvidia Optimus disabled in BIOS and OSX runs with Nvidia Quadro only. I have the same problem with Nvidia Quadro K1100M on Dell Precision M4800. But if I enable Nvidia Optimus, OSX runs on Intel HD4600, the brightness can be reduced usin keys FN+F3 I think, but GPU performance is very poor and HDMI or DisplayPort doesn't work, so I can't use larger external LCD monitor.

• Administrators

If you want HDMI and/or DP output off your HD4600 GPU, it's a "simple" matter of Azul FB patching. There are some guidance for that here.

HD4600 GPU performance is not that poor... Fn-F3 reduces brightness, Fn-Insert increases it. DSDT patches may be applied to change that to expected Fn- combinations.

Hi,
At 1st: to get full Intel HD4600 performance on my dell m4800, I must install to S/L/E FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, and also ig-platform-id 0xa260006

At 2nd: modify Azul FB to enable HDMI or DP output, but I tried several modify this framework and HDMI or DP still doesn't work.

• Moderators

For M6800 with K3100m, please give my Clover guide a try and report your result. Boot files are included with Switchable Graphics Disabled.

Working:

Full QE/CI with Nvidia Quadro K3100M

Wireless (Replaced with supported device - DW1510)

HDMI Video / DP Video

HDMI Audio with HDMIAudio.kext v1.0

Internal Speaker/Headphone/Mic

Brightness Control (Fn+F3, Fn+Insert)

Fn+Prtscrn ->Disables Touchpad
USB 3.0/USB 2.0/eSata Ports
SD Card Reader
DVD Player
Webcam

LAN

WIP:
 Sleep/Wake with LID close/Open

Note:Wake to blank screen unless AC is connected before wake, otherwise will have to hard reboot.

Not Working:
ExpressCard

SmartCard Reader