Trouble booting Mavericks on Lenovo X201

nanan

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to install 10.9 on a X201 3086 Thinkpad. 

I follow the post #4 of this guide, everything went well but when I finally boot on my hard disk, after the loading (with the Apple) I have a grey screen with lines (like if my screen was broken). 

I tried to connect it to a external monitor --> nothing 

I tried to re-do my USB install stick with the Graphics kext linked in the #4 post, not possible to finish the boot. I don't know what to do now, if any of you have an idea, it's welcomed !

Thanks.

• Moderators

Is this the 1st Gen HD graphics or Nvidia?

If 1st Gen, you'll need to remove AppleIntelHDGraphics* from /S/L/E

Once booted, you can then install the patched kexts to fix the graphics issue.

With this hack, external display will not work.

Hi tanks for your reply ! 

i look up on the forum, but what I have found didn't work for me. 

@Jake Lo: you mean that I shouldn't  have to copy the 5 files from the SLE folder ? should I leave the one that were in before (4 files) ?

To be honest, I don't know which gen it is. 

Thanks for your help. 

So, I tried severals ways but none of them succeed :(

To recap: I'm following the #3 how to of this thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/

I tried without of the files of the SLE folder, with everything except AppleIntelHDGraphics or AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB both ways won't let me have the 10.9 installer. The only way of being able to installe mavericks on my HD is following this guide, but if I do so, I can't finish my boot (screen completely fucked up). 

I tried -v / -f / -x --> nothing, always the same thing. 

I read that I can try with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No but it seems not having any impact on mine. 

Sincerely I don't know what to do now. 

Regards.