E7450 ElCapitan - fix and finetune

rschultz101

Yes! My mouse issues are resolved by using the latest Clover and Redoing the permissions and caches. Seems that i have intel time to go by a usb wifi dongle. I cannot seem to find the exact card within OS X. But, the ethernet it intel so i assume its the same for the WIFI.

Yes! My mouse issues are resolved by using the latest Clover and Redoing the permissions and caches. Seems that i have intel time to go by a usb wifi dongle. I cannot seem to find the exact card within OS X. But, the ethernet it intel so i assume its the same for the WIFI.

did you try about this mac -> system report -> network>wifi?

either that, or you can just open up the service panel with a phillips (two screws) and ID the WLAN card. 

• Moderators

@rschultz101

You could check the Clover version during boot, on the lower right side.

Use DPCIManage.app to find your device.

Most Dell laptop comes with Intel, you could replace it with DW1560 by calling Dell support. It's roughly $20 with shipping.

• Like 1

It seems a trivial question - but I cannot figure out how to install clover directly into the EFI partition  :wacko:

This is my partition:

post-91018-0-26257900-1460048479_thumb.png

Although i have mounted the EFI partition (see above screen), but Clover installer can only see this:

post-91018-0-12025400-1460048500_thumb.png

When I proceeded, the installer created an EFI folder under El Capitan (which is located under the physical partition of 'Macintosh SSD'). To make clover update take effect, every time I have to manually copy (and replace) BOOT folder and other files over to EFI partition. Did I missed some steps in configuring Clover?  :huh:

Thanks to tluck on the other site. Use the following command to revert the root volume to a regular volume.

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

Now the virtual disk is gone. And I have the good ol' physical disk.

post-91018-0-23498400-1460060101_thumb.png

This makes Clover installer installs directly into the EFI partition and overwrites only the parts one selected in the installer. No more manual copy afterwards. And only ONE /EFI to maintain.  :P

BTW, they just publish a newer version of Clover over at sourceforge.

post-91018-0-06457700-1460061051_thumb.png

• Like 1

just downloaded r3324 

- did 

# sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

/ is not a CoreStorage Logical Volume

does not give EFI partition to install too 

did also mount with refi mounter, still the same 

- running r3320 , what the difference r3324