E7450 ElCapitan - fix and finetune

rschultz101

Thanks to tluck on the other site. Use the following command to revert the root volume to a regular volume.

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

Now the virtual disk is gone. And I have the good ol' physical disk.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.14.03 PM.png

This makes Clover installer installs directly into the EFI partition and overwrites only the parts one selected in the installer. No more manual copy afterwards. And only ONE /EFI to maintain.  :P

BTW, they just publish a newer version of Clover over at sourceforge.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.29.30 PM.png

This was my next issue! Thank you so much for the post and the help.

just downloaded r3324 

- did 

# sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

/ is not a CoreStorage Logical Volume

does not give EFI partition to install too 

did also mount with refi mounter, still the same 

- running r3320 , what the difference r3324  

1. If your installation of 10.11.4 did not create a virtual disk for the physical OS (El Capitan) disk, the command may not be relevant.

2. If your EFI partition (Clover boot location) is on the same physical disk as El Capitan partition, Clover installer will only identify the "DISK" and cleverly installs the updates into EFI partition. BTW, r3320 also worked the same way for me.

3. In my case, when the virtual disk existed, Clover installer can only see the virtual disk (and I have only one physical disk), therefore created an EFI holder on El Capitan partition.

Cheers  :)

• Like 1

any recommended apps/programs?

10.11.4 users can try out safari technology preview - some of the adblock extensions still work with it.

Boom 2 is a great system wide sound enhancing app. 

Also have a scripted app that toggles my Wemo Light switch on and off -> it's not as elegant as what I have on the windows side of things, where i can say 'hey cortana, trigger lights off' or 'hey cortana, trigger lights on" 

personally, i was wondering if there was a way to schedule the 'Blue' and 'Graphite' Appearance based on day/night. any ideas?

Thanks cptscruffy2.

I figured it out. I need to enable both

Remaps Brightness Keys

Remaps Volume Keys

Now both Fn+F1, Fn+F2, Fn+F3, F1, F2, and F3 works with volume control

Brightness controls with F11 and F12, and F6 dims

Did you update the guide to reflect these changes to the private.xml? If not i would be greatly appreciative to get my hands on this version of the private.xml file.

karabiner preferences -> misc & uninstall> open private.xml -> open with text editor or Xcode.

My code only does:
F11 Brightness Down
F12 Brightness Up
F1 Mute
F2 Volume Down
F3 Volume Up 
Of course I set the Fn-Lock off. It's on in Windows, though :D.  fn-f6 and f6 no longer changes the display. but fn-F1, fn-F2, and fn-F3 still changes their respective volume keys. 
I also loaded the stock karabiner settings for: 
Change F1...F19 Key & Functional Key, whereby F7, F7, F9 are loaded for music controls. 

You can clear the entries and put the code entered below in; save file; karabiner preferences; reload xml. 

<?xml version=[/size]"1.0"[/size]?>[/size]
<root>
  <list>
    <item>
      <name>Remap Brightness Keys</name>
      <appendix>Darker, Brighter</appendix>
      <identifier>remap.brightnesskeys</identifier>
      <autogen>--KeyToConsumer-- KeyCode::F11, ConsumerKeyCode::BRIGHTNESS_DOWN</autogen>
        <autogen>--KeyToConsumer-- KeyCode::F12, ConsumerKeyCode::BRIGHTNESS_UP</autogen>    
    </item>
  </list>
  <list>
    <item>
      <name>Remaps Volume Keys</name>
      <appendix>Mute, Up, Down</appendix>
      <identifier>remap.volumekeys</identifier>
      <autogen>--KeyToConsumer-- KeyCode::F1, ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_MUTE</autogen>
      <autogen>--KeyToConsumer-- KeyCode::F2, ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_DOWN</autogen>
      <autogen>--KeyToConsumer-- KeyCode::F3, ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_UP</autogen>
    </item>
   </list>       
</root>

docking port  ,  E-Port , Display Port  graphics not working  on dell E7450 laptop , el capitan

-> it is the small E-Port with 1x DP ,  the rear blue USB work, the side USB ones not

-> the mini Displayport on the laptop itself works

->  tried DP  to miniDP , DP to DP ,  - screen black , laptop screen flickers ones