E7450 ElCapitan - fix and finetune

rschultz101

• Moderators

Set both 0x15b and 0x15c to 0x3 and try again.

To verify it's really set to 0x3, run this at the grub window

setup_var 0x15b

setup_var 0x15c

If both output is 0x3, then you're set.

It's not loading due to this graphics requirement.

I finally got it to boot into the Install OS X El Capitan Drive. But, now the trackpad doesn't work but the "dot mouse thingy" <- (sorry don't know the technical name) is working kinda. It sporadic and jumps all around and really isn't useable. But, i goes a USB Mouse is the solution until installation is done.

How i Got Lucky and Got it To Work:

1. Used the USB EFI from Windows from these steps

"5) Format a USB drive to fat32 and create a folder name EFI (SD Card works too)

6) Download the EFI Shell and extract the Boot folder to EFI folder"

2. Booted to it and Changed them again. Then reconfirmed them using setup_var 0x15b / setup_var 0x15c

3. Then typed reboot into grub prompt

4. Then Pressed F2 At boot

5. Then Clicked Load Defaults

6. Then Clicked Sata Operations -> AHCI

7. Then Verified Safe Boot was disabled and Enable Legacy Option Rom was Checked

8. Booted into Clover changed the Option for CPU Type to InjectIntel = True and ig-platform-id =16160002

9. Went to UEFI X64 Shell Re-Verified the setup_var(s) and tried to change them again to make sure

10. Typed Exit

11. Then Clicked Install OS X El Capitan

So after i get a USB Mouse to fix -> What would someone recommend to fix the trackpad and "mouse thingy"

• Moderators

The 'dot mouse thingy' is call a trackstick. Sporadic mouse jump issue could be due to a number of things. Dirty touchpad, palm touching the touchpad, or older version of Clover. What version of Clover are you using?