Inspiron 5558 i5 5200u El Capitan

radionoise

• Moderators

Can't access google drive right now, will check when I get home.

However, system starts. Good

Brightness with F11-F12 button - WORKS! Good

Sleep - WORKS but after wake up the screen is unlocked and I see messages that my USB flash drive was not unmounted properly. Normal

Sound - not working - Did you copy kexts from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to Library/Extensions and do the permission fix and rebuild cache?

Camera - not working - Does it show up in the USB section of System Report? What's the model/Vendor/Product ID?

SD Card reader - not working - Is it a Realtek? It might not be supported

Thank you for your reply I appreciate your help!

Brightness - yes, that's good but is there a chance to avoid that screen blinking during start up?

Sound - I've put these two kexts and repaired permissions according to your guide

Camera - according to device manager in windows its VID is 064E and PID is 920B. This camera works without any additional drivers in windows 8.1 and ubuntu 14.04

SD Card reader - yes it's Realtek with VID: 0BDA and PID: 0129

• Moderators

Just saw your little video, strange about the flashing boot screen. I used the same Config on my system and have no issue. Perhaps try upgrading Clover.

Your webcam, is it an UVC (USB Video Class)?

Your SD Card reader is not supported.

I'll try updating clover.

I don't know exactly if it's an UVC. I can find my VID 064E here http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices but not my PID 920B. I can't see any info about manufacturer or model but it works perfectly without any drivers in windows and ubuntu linux, so I suppose some standard drivers suit my camera.

I tested HDMI and it's working, however I have no sound through it (I have monitor with speakers). Is there any chance to make them work?