Boot pack for Dell XPS M1710

obesidion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Admin Jake ,  i tried the kext it failed probing the card it did detect it found the exact name etc after it said probe failed all halted so it went further than before 

i was wondering could it be the install media i use which is 10.7.5 shall i try 10.7 only because i did manage to get this machine running in 10.6.8 perfectly down to sleep or other issues i saw people had i uploaded the kext pack i used along side myhack tool mix n match but i have tried every combination 

from -f -v or arch=i386 -v or cpus=1 -v or -x -v etc still wont let me enter installation 

• Administrators

Well spotted, I totally forgot that on! The VoodooTSCSync kext is indeed usually required on chipset GM945-based laptops. You'll find it in one of the D430/D620/D820 packs. Lack of it is probably the cause of your KPs.

Obsedion check your email i have uploaded the correct kext pack for you and my apologies for the delay , the pack is tested on my own xps m1710 identical specs to yours and it works fine when you install lion please use the 2nd kext pack for post install to save you time on picking the correct settings also kexts , i also advice you to use to make sure all permissions are repaired , use the myhack tool selecting full fix which will do fine ,  you can also do a full update once done with setting up the kext pack its vanilla based setup 

Kind Regards