Dell D620 nVidia Installation Questions (10.7.5)

aeroxy

Actually I recommend changing a few things on the top thread. From a first time installer's perspective, I can say it was actually very confusing, but once I got everything to work it seems like I understood why it was written that way. If you are interested I can rewrite the guide.

Also this doesn't seem to fix the black screen issue:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

If I left the laptop inactive for a while, the screen will turn off, and when I turn it back on it will become black screen. Then if I close the lid and reopen it, it will panic and ask me to turn off the computer.

• Administrators

There never was any fix to the black screen issue, if waking the screen from screen sleep. The only workaround is to put the laptop to sleep and wake it. As such, it's best to configure the same timing for Display Sleep and Computer Sleep in the Energy Savings PrefPane.

The system password was a requirement for GMA950 systems and does not apply to nVidia models.

The D620 NV does not normally have an issue of KP on wake. Mine certainly does not.

• Administrators

mine did once the screen went out that was it i had to force shut down and reboot. i think i had to use caffeine or something like that. idk whatever it was it was enough to annoy the shit out of me to the point of loading windows on it and giving it away... lol unfortunately i might still have another one of those machines lurking around somewhere. "just when you think you where out you get pulled back in!!!!"