E6430 El Capitan Install - Booting into OS X Utilities instead of installer

Tennaki

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to install El Capitan on an E6430 but running into some issue I've never encountered before. 

I'm following this guide here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/, and when I boot into the installer, it doesn't boot into the installer, but into OS X Utilities.

post-80718-0-31553000-1471304978_thumb.jpg

I'm roadblocked by the Reinstall button as well, it tries to verify online whether the laptop is eligable for reinstall but it cant proceed because it can't communicate with AppleCare. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm being taken here instead of the normal installer. Any help would be much appreciated; thank you.

post-80718-0-31553000-1471304978_thumb.jpg

The kext replacements didn't seem to work, still panics seconds into loading. I do see drive activity by the way. What is SIP? It's not mentioned in the guide.

Also, would the fact that the display on this machine is a 1366x768 one instead of 1600x900 and above like the bootpack says cause any problems? It does work properly in the installer after all..

Great success was achieved and the system's fully up and running now, thanks!

Just one more thing, how do I get the bootloader to boot immediately into OS X from the Dell logo and skip the Clover screen? Adjustments I make in Clover Configurator don't seem to be taking effect.

• Moderators

Open the Config.plist with Clover Configurator or Plist editor pro. Under Boot, set the Default Boot Volume as the exact name of your OS X boot drive (case include). Under Timeout, set the time to 2-3 seconds in case you need to interrupt the boot process. Save and reboot.