X62 (i7-5600u, HD5500) - El Capitan install issues?

flyingfishfinger

Yes, currently using fakeID.

I do have the DVMT prealloc set using the BIOS setup_var hack. That's what let me boot the installer in the first place, otherwise it just gave me a KP in all instances. Even so though, without fakeID the installed version won't boot (no KP, just hangs with the same messages as in my first message).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yes, remove the fakeID, then test.

Make sure to enter 0x in front of the value.

I can't remember which take precedence, the Config or DSDT. If necessary, remove ig-platform-id from DSDT and then test the difference values in Clover option

Ok, I'll give that a shot.

However, I'm trying to open the dsdt.aml file that was included in the "Lenovo" folder you sent (which I think I'm using) but MaciASL just shows it as "empty" (even though the file isn't empty, it's 81KB...although that seems a bit small).

Attempting to decompile it with Chameleon Wizard results in a bunch of errors in the log and "Could not parse ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS" in the output...

Thoughts?

R

Was able to edit the file, but subsequent attempts at changing the platform-id from Clover don't affect anything. I don't know enough about this to know what to try next. In your signature you have an E7450 with the same CPU / GPU, what id did you use for it?

Also:

- Does the platform-id have to match any particular DVMT setting?

- Does it have to match what display connections are actually available?

R

• Moderators

use 0x16260006

DVMT only needs to be set to 96MB, might be more for some other system to get pass the memory preallocation else you get a KP.

0x16260006 has been known to work best for HD5500, but you could also try 0x16160000 or 0x16160002

None of them work make any difference whatsoever. Is there a way to figure out exactly what it's blocking on?

Someone mentioned that Clover might have (badly documented) options to force certain displays, do we know more about them?

FWIW, If I boot with an external screen all it does is mirror the internal LCD all the way through to the Desktop (in VESA mode) and I don't have the ability to change anything. In other OSes, both displays are detected and I can adjust them as normal once they're fully booted...

R