AppleHDA for Dell Latitude E6330

Apan

• Moderators

Inside the folder /Extra/Extensions is a folder call copy_to_SLE. Copy the kexts AppleHDA and CodecCommander to /System/Library/Extensions overwriting the original. Make a backup first if you like. Then repair permission and rebuild cache as stated in the guide.

• Moderators

Audio kext doesn't work that way by simply adding VENDID and PRODID. If you were using all the files and follow all the steps from Hervé's guide, you should have audio.

Make sure when you ran the permission fix and rebuild cache commands, that you have a successful output. If you encounter error 77, rerun the commands again.

• Administrators

No and remove the o.c.B setting, it's not needed.

All you need is:

1) the IDT definition/dummy kext copied in /L/E from where it'll be cached

2) patched AppleHDA copied in /S/L/E where it overwrites the vanilla kext

3) permissions repaired on /S/L/E + /L/E and cache rebuilt

Assuming you run Sierra 10.12.3, please use the following files:

AppleHDA_IDT92HD93.kext.zip Patched_AppleHDA_111D-76DF.kext.zip

To repair permissions and rebuild your cache, use the usual Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get an error message ".... 77", retype the touch + kextcache commands. Ignore the message if it says "... 17".

NB: My E6230 guide was not clear enough in the respect of patched AppleHDA, so I've just updated it to that effect.

• Administrators

BIOS upper limit for OS X should be around same version as for the E6230, i.e. A11. It could be A12 of course but I don't think you can go much higher... Do a Search on the forum on "E6330 BIOS" and see what you find...

Failing that, best way to know is to try until your graphics go bad, then reverse to oldest possible version like A02 and upgrade again to the highest safe version. I'd bet money on A11.