[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 5558 - 10.12 Sierra - Audio Problem

tito480

• Moderators

Are you sure you don't have an Inspiron 5548 instead? 

All the 5558 I helped patch does not have these values over 8 under EmbeddedControl

This will need a Battery patch. I'll attempt to create one for you. Will take a bit of time to go through it.

• Moderators

Could be a bios version thing. What version of BIOS are you running?

Actually looking at your file, it's already been patched.

Where did you get this file or what patch did you applied to it?

Update:

Looks like you downloaded and using the wrong bootpack 5548_HD5500_Only instead of 5558_HD5500_Only

Since your system has a discrete card, it will need to be using different patches.

Boot to Clover, hit F4, then compress and attach the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder here, I'll patch them for you.

My bios is the latest A14 from Dell.

Your Pack works perfectly to me for everything, thank you Jake Lo, you was the only one to help me solve this.

There is only one thing the Charging status stuck at 99% when the power adapter is plugged is it normal?

Edit:

Just reboot again and its working perfectly!! Thank you again Jake.

I am really sorry for opening this topic again.

But i have a really weird problem now, i just tried to install the Fakesmc.kext and plugin to CPU, when i try to login i have the following error:

Osxaptiofixdrv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
Error loading kernel cache 

The only thing i did was drag the kext to kext utility when finished i just restarted and then i have the follow the error.

I tried to change the  OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi on EFI/EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI  but i have the same error.

Please can you help me? I cant start everything again , my hackintosh was perfect.