HP Z600 Workstation Sierra Sleep Issues

ssprod

HP Z600 Workstation

2 x Intel Xeon 5620 CPU's

Nvidia K600 GPU

12GB DDR3

Greetings.. I have successfully installed and am running 10.12.3 Sierra on my Z600 via Clover Legacy Boot0af in MBR. This is the only method of Clover that would complete the install. F4 was unable to generate ACPI files, I'm assuming based on my method of install, however I managed to extract my DSDT+SSDT vial Ubuntu. Although I've attempted to patch both files, I'm confident that I have not done so correctly. System will respond to Sleep, but immediately "wakes up" on it's own with correct display, usb mouse functionality, and "ejected" secondary and tertiary USB storage drives. After 45 seconds, the drives are re-connected and acknowledged. I would love to get this system running optimally and as fully functional as possible. Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated. I've attached ACPI and EFI. Thanks very much.  

Z600 Sierra EFI+Raw DSDT.zip

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

No Sleep with NullCPUPowerManagement... That's a very basic rule. Setup native CPU power management and you should find Sleep will work much better.

Xeon E5520 are Nehalem like 1st gen "i" Core CPUs, i.e. pre-Sandy Bridge generation. As such, activate native CPU SpeedStep with C States + P States generation. You should also remove AsusAICPUPM + kernelPm which are unnecessary for your platform. Bear in mind that 2009 MacPro4,1 were fitted with such E5520 CPUs and is closer to your Z600 than the 2010 MacPro5,1. But you may be forced to use that MP5,1 SMBIOS of course...

If you want to tune your FakeSMC:

• MacPro4,1 -> SMC keys=1.39f5, smc-compatible=smc-thurley
  • MacPro5,1 -> SMC keys=1.39f11, smc-compatible=smc-thurley

• Administrators

By default, there's normally a square icon in the Finder's bar.

HWMonitor.png

But I know that sometimes, it's not readily visible, in which case try to click to the left of the last visible app icon in the bar. You may then edit the app preferences to display a different icon + other info such as T° and CPU speeds.

HWMonitor_02.png

NullCPUPM = no CPU power management, so yes, delete all active traces of the kext after native CPU SpeedStep tuning is done.

Thanks Herve, I did delete Null, which led to a KP on boot. Can get around it by checking Asus AICPUPM in Clover Options however. Is that ok?