[SOLVED] Latitude E5520 macOS 10.12.3 patch DSDT and SSDT

eC//FrEaK

Good morning. :)

Well, I did all the modifications you mentioned... some things went good, some things are bad now... :)

good things:

- SD-Card Controller is now working (first time ever)

- no further system lags, system now runs a bit more fluently (it feels like)

- CPU now is throttling down correct, P/C states seem to be implemented correctly

bad things:

- audio stopped working (maybe of before installed VoodooHDA 2.8.8 package? I removed that kext... but no success) - got it

- usb stopped working

Do you have any suggestions for the "bad" things? :)

Edited by eC//FrEaK

• Moderators

Hey.

I'm running latest version A14 BIOS.

Issues:

- no standby while closing the lid, but it takes round about 1min until it goes to standby after closing the lid

- shutdown takes round about 1min (black screen, HDD activity)

- slight but noticeable system lags (maybe round about 200ms, mostly when running safari)

- maybe my CPU is not using correct P&C-States (due to wrong CPU in SSDT?) - i3-2310M is my actual CPU

- ethernet (BCM5761 using BCM5722D.kext) has mac-address 00:00:00:00:00 on every second boot

Last but not least... DSDT, SSDT and clover config.plist are not build by my own, i grabbed them somewhere out of the net. And I'm using them unmodified, means I never edited them.  ;)

With the new files, is Ethernet fixed now too?

Sleep works with Lid close and wakes opening Lid?

Hey Jake.

"With the new files, is Ethernet fixed now too?"

- no, ethernet has zeroed mac on every second boot, but idk since wifi is working. ;)

maybe this will work correct with that "FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext" of rehabman?

unfortunately i do not really unterstand how to implement that FakePCIID stuff :( 

"Sleep works with Lid close and wakes opening Lid?"

- yes, sleep works perfect now

Just add FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext and FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions and fix permission and rebuild cache.

You might have to remove  BCM5722D.kext first.

Really? That easy?  :roll:

Ok, i'll give it a try. I'll be using KextUtility for this. That might be ok, or not?

• Moderators

Should be okay. 

I always just add the kexts to the directory and run the commands manually.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Worked! :) But I needed three attempts.  ^_^

First I installed the kexts in S/L/E... *dump* (read first, then ask :D)

After I put them to L/E it neither worked... until I looked into the "info.plist" of "FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext" ... my device ID was not listed there I just added my device ID "pci14e4,1681" and after the next boot all went fine. :)

• Moderators

Please keep us posted with the Ethernet updated kext. There's a few users with the same card using the BCM5722D.kext and having the unplug issue and no mac addresses. If confirm to work flawlessly, we could recommend this to them.

​Are you getting Mac address assigned on every reboot?

Are you able to optain IP address consistently?

Does it show plugged / unplugged when you plug/unplug the ethernet cable?

How's the connection speed?

Any dropped network?