[Solved] D630: Sierra not booting

TheRobster5555

Yes I did make sure I have a Penryn CPU, and yes, I did use the proper boot flags, even tried safe mode!

So I followed the directions in the guide correctly, and the bootloader starts, but the installer gets stuck in a loop.

I'm kind of wondering if its that I currently have Windows installed, but I doubt it.

Here's the specs of my D630 just in case you need it!

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 (because I was too cheap to get a T9300)

RAM: 4GB (rated at 800 mhz, but running at 667)

GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M

Screen: 1280x800

Hard Drive: 1 TB with Windows 10 currently installed

Flash Drive (if it matters) PNY USB 3.0 32 GB

Hope that I can get an answer soon!

P.S. I am a newbie to Hackintoshing, so any tips are welcome!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried removing both hdds (I have the 2nd hdd caddy) and still no luck, although it got hung at a separate part.

Thanks to the quick reply on your part and sorry for the slow one on my side.

Also, I'm new to hackintoshing, so could you link me somewhere I can learn about that MBR.patch?

You know what, forget it.

I read the bios settings topic and I upgraded to an Intel Wi-Fi card from the crappy dw 1395 it had.

Even still, I was creating flash drives from my schools iMac an schools almost out, I may try to continue another time, but not today

Hello again!

I went to have another crack at hackintoshing my D630, and still can't pull it off

There are 2 problems i see with the install

1. I have a T6670 which is penryn, but might not work, i don't know

2. I saw that in one of the kernel panics it identified this machine as MacBook4,1, not MBP7,1

Any help would be appreciated!

• Administrators

T6670 is indeed Penryn family, so Ok for Sierra.

I posted a detailed step-by-step Sierra guide in the Installation Guides section of the forum; I suggest you refer to it and follow it. Bootpack available in the guide and in the dedicated thread of this very D6xx support section. You will not be able to install Sierra using a MB4,1 SMBIOS. My guide is very explicit on this SMBIOS matter...

I did follow the guide, and I might've missed a few steps, I'll go back and look at it.

However I do not have ready access to an Intel Mac, although I do have a PMAC G4 which can't run the enoch installer.

EDIT: I found the problem, I copied the bootpack to the USB, but didn't extract it. I guess I just thought it was just some kexts.