[SOLVED] E5450 broadwell hd5500 acceleration

andresime

Hi, i recently purchased a dell e5450 broadwell with this specs:

• i7-5600u
  • 8gb ddr3 ram
  • 128gb ssd
  • intel hd 5500 + Nvidia gtx 840m
  • display 1920x1080

I was able to install mac os sierra 10.12.5 with your fenomenal guide, and everything works exept the hd5500 full acceleration.

i've tried so many times and spend many hours find a way to set my dvmt allocation to 64 (96mb effective) but with no luck cause i can't extract my bios.exe a14, it gaves me an error with every program i've tested.

So i've gone all the way with framebuffer patch and id for the gpu intel injected. i've tried every combination with find and replace (for obvious reasons the ones for yosemite and el capitan would not work) and even the ones for sierra change nothing and the boot stops at gpu 0x43 kernel panic.

I wonder if anyone with similar specs have come with a solution, thanks in advance, and keep in mind that i'm italian so close an eye with my english

Hi thank you very much! I was able to install the lilu kext but i'm not able to figure out how to install the intelgraphicsdvmtfixup alongside lilu cause from what i understand they work together.

I made some progress and i was able to extract the bios rom and pe32 image of dxeipl, but when i use universal ifr extractor it gaves me "unknown protocol detected"

I post the bios rom and the pe32 image extracted, there should be a way to convert this hex file in readable text so i can find the variable that i have to change with 0x3 for 96mb

BIOS & PE32 .zip

I'm happy to share that now I have full igpu acceleration thank you very much for your help! I will donate to support your project :) One more thing, there is a way to enable multitouch gestures? how I can make the topic marked as solved? 

post-68312-0-80102900-1495800843_thumb.png