Dell XPS L321X - El Capitan / Sierra Install

GatorGeek

Hi Jake

I've installed your KEXTS and am using your config.plist file now.

I've got battery working, but still no audio devices.

My system is the i7 model, but I think that shouldn't make a difference for the audio to work.

post-90490-0-13276300-1501940215_thumb.png

I've included my EFI folder. Perhaps something in there might help diagnose my error.

GatorGeek_EFI.zip

Thanks again for your kind help. :)

Hi Jake

I've installed your KEXTS and am using your config.plist file now.

I've got battery working, but still no audio devices.

My system is the i7 model, but I think that shouldn't make a difference for the audio to work.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-05 at 8.32.12 AM.png

I've included my EFI folder. Perhaps something in there might help diagnose my error.

attachicon.gifGatorGeek_EFI.zip

Thanks again for your kind help. :)

You are missing ssdt.aml from ACPI/patched.  Im not sure it makes a difference but I noticed its missing.  Ive attached the contents of my ACPI/patched folder.

You installed AppleHDA275.kext to S/L/E and repaired permission and rebuilt cache right?

Archive.zip

Yes, I believe I have the HDA275 kext installed properly.  Check screenshot below. Is that the right one?

post-90490-0-29342200-1501950251_thumb.png

I believe you have the i5 version of this laptop, while I have the i7 version.  I don't think we can use the same SSDT (or DSDT, for that matter).  But to your point, I've ran the SSDTPRgen.sh script from Piker and created my own SSDT and installed into the CLOVER\ACPI\patched folder.  Sadly, it did not resolve my audio issue. :(

Yes, I believe I have the HDA275 kext installed properly.  Check screenshot below. Is that the right one?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.22.10 AM.png

I believe you have the i5 version of this laptop, while I have the i7 version.  I don't think we can use the same SSDT (or DSDT, for that matter).  But to your point, I've ran the SSDTPRgen.sh script from Piker and created my own SSDT and installed into the CLOVER\ACPI\patched folder.  Sadly, it did not resolve my audio issue. :(

I have it named different.  Delete what you have and try installing this one

AppleHDA275.kext.zip

• Moderators

Don't need the HDAEnabler, just need to enable layout-id = 28 which you have on the Config by theSuffering. His config has patches for ALC275 twice, I don't that would be the issue, but I need to see the output after your ran the permission fix and rebuild cache.

Please post the output here for review, could be they didn't run successfully.