E7240: KP on updating from El Capitan to Sierra

Laxman

• Moderators

Perfect. With you guys' help , my Mac os sierra is perfect. Cant thank you guys enough.

Only little thing which isnt so important is, my screen flickers twice when its on the apple logo, I googled but mostly there are fixes for major flickerings. If you cld help me with that, my mac shall be 100%. 

Just add Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext. Should fix everything, although the boot glitch might not be fully gone.

I added these first in S/L/E, didn't work, then in L/E/ , still no change and then in CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHERS and still same. I believe my mac performance is pretty smooth, videos and app switching are pretty snappy, but the glitch stays and now I dont mind that I guess.

I just feel the menubar and notification centre aren't  as transparent as I see in others screenshots. Is it because qe/ci isnt fully installed? After installing the kexts above , it was the same as well.

• Moderators

In the words of Hervé:

"You can verify full graphics acceleration in the usual manner: translucent Finder's bar, clicking in & out of LaunchPad, DVDPlayer Supported Features, etc."

try changing your wallpaper and see if the translucent looks better.

• Like 1

Hey Jake, I read all of these and I feel all well pretty good except for. the transparency of the menubar, and yes its a bit different with walls. guess I should settle with this. Its very stable. thanks Jake , Herve and Boot bros for all your help.

Guys Can the BCM94360 card work OOB with my 10.12.6 or the BCM94352 better ? Please help me understand as the guides online are so confusing.  Also Jake suggested that I use the DW1550/1560,  is this card better than those 94360? whats the difference? Please help me understand.