Dell Precision M4800 (i7-4800MQ) Help

Hamish Claxton

Hello,

I'm happy to see this post here, I have a Precision M4800 i7-4900MQ / Nvidia quaddro K2100m / dell wireless 1550

I have also a Latitude D630 and i have already install osx on it, but with chameleon and your EDP software, it was so simple.

I tried in February to launch osx on the Precision, with clover and i failed, impossible to access to the instalation. So maybe if you help me to have a good DSDT (because i think it's why it didn't work), i wiil can boot osx :-) I tried also to dump the DSDT with Windows and patch it on OSX virtual machine and i failed too. In OSX, i can't read the DSDT dump with windows.

So finaly i need your help to know what i need to active in my bios (activative GPU or not for exemple) and have my DSDT patched (maybe i can take the DSDT actualy in this post ?), i'm motivated, thanks.

(I'm french, sorry if this message is difficult to understand)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't think the Nvidia is supported in OS X, so use the DSDT provided here. In the BIOS, set Sata Operations to AHCI and have Switchable Graphics enable.

Boot the installer through the eSATA/USB combo port, you'll get a better chance of success.

Hello,

For the installation, I used qlover note on my mavericks VM and i download on appstore yosemite 10.10.3. After, i downloaded your DSDT Jake, and put it on /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

On the bios, all your configuration is already set.

I put the USB key on the eSATA/USB port, qlover lauched great, and when i choose osx installation, i have instantly a kernel panic, like my first try in February.

If you want a screen shot of my kernel panic, i upload it.

Hello

Today i retry a new installation with Clover. I took a standard config.plist and your DSDT.

Actually I have a dualboot UEFI with Windows 8.1 and Yosemite, great.

I took the config.plist in Post #12, I put VoodooPS2, FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement in kext clover folder, I also put with kextwizard AppleIntelE1000e and AppleHDAALC in S/L/E.

So, in "System Report", I can see Audio, Camera, Card Reader, DVD, Ethernet, SD Card, TRIM and USB 3.0, it's great !

About wifi/bluetooth, tonight or tomorrow i will try this method : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

And also add Sleep in S/L/E.

About HD4600, i have some jerk in Launchpad and in Desktop but not in boot (with the last config.plist). There is a lot of article about this graphic card, i try some tips with Clover but it's always the same.

Do i need to take my owm DSDT and patch it like the DSDT i use actually to resolve it?

Thanks, bye

• Moderators

Great that you're able to get a successful install. The issue with HD4600 is not with the DSDT. The issue is with the Framebuffer. Please upload the config that you're using currently that works.

I simply put in S/L/E FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 from Rehabman FakePCIID, it works !

I am going to try all connections (USB, HDMI, SD card etc.) tomorrow. I cannot try Touchpad because a technician Dell has exchange my motherboard a few days ago and break the touchpad connection :-/ .
Thank you very much of your help Jake, Bye!

Hello much to my dismay, the m4800 with the qhd+ does not support switchable graphics, and is not the same bios as the m3800 which had a backdoor option to modify the bios.  So now I don't know where to go from here.  With nv_disable=1 I am able to get graphics working but it is slow, flickers, and I loose the top app bar.  

So any advice would be great.  Is it possible to get nvidia graphics working?