Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

@Jake Lo and @vanquybn

- Updated Rushmore to Linux 4.3

- Re-added the ALPS profile.

Since I'm gradually rebasing the driver, the trackstick updates are not yet added.

Hi Dr. Hurt, this kext works for my laptop dv2500 which has a alps E7=0x73 0x02 0x0a, EC=0x10 0x00 0x64. But there are some problems, first is when i tap the touchpad for clicking, it just hold the item I'm clicking. Like i tap on safari to open but it turns into hold as it show open, show recents and etc. second is I'm using a usb mouse to navigate and whenever i click on something it just doesn't open. Its not just your kext, i tried others like rehab man, slice and some i forgot and it just doesn't click. Normally i have to click a lot of times to open.  Third is I'm currently using this laptop to type this post and i use the mouse to highlight a word to delete and it scrolls down! Why does that so? Thanks!

• Like 1

I think rushmore has a problem with reporting finger number. It keeps on randomly reporting fingers = 2 instead of 1.

There was an old hack in Linux 3.9 which seems to be made specifically to counter that issue (if I understood that piece of code correctly). Since my driver uses newer code, it doesn't have that hack.

Here's a quick test using that hack forward ported from 3.9. Give it a try and tell me how it goes.

I don't know about the mouse though. Maybe you have a bad mouse, or some setting in system preferences.

oldhack.zip

Hi, I'm sorry if what I write below is not understood. I am using a translator.

I tried all downloads of thread. However, I get the following error: "Unknown ALPS touchpad does not match any Known identifiers: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88, 0xb6, 0x06". With drivers ReHabMan I could also see the E6 identifiers (0x00, 0x00, 0xC8). My model touchpad is impossible to make it work beyond a simple mouse?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

PS: With the drivers of this thread, being recognized as a simple mouse touchpad, can not maintain the click and drag objects. The system interprets this as if I were clicking again and again to a lot of speed and begin to open and selected a lot of things.

Bye now.

------

Original:

Hola, siento mucho si lo que voy a escribir a continuación no se entiende. Estoy usando un traductor.

He probado todas las descargas del hilo. Sin embargo, me dan el siguiente error: "Unknown ALPS touchpad, does not match any known identifiers: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88, 0xb6, 0x06". Con los drivers de ReHabMan también pude ver los identificadores E6 (0x00, 0x00, 0xc8). ¿Mi modelo de touchpad es imposible de hacerlo funcionar más allá de un simple ratón?

Gracias de antemano por la respuesta.

P.D: Con los drivers de este hilo, siendo reconocido el touchpad como un simple ratón, no puedo mantener el click y arrastrar objetos. El sistema lo interpreta como si yo estuviese clickeando una y otra vez a muchísima velocidad y empiezan a abrirse y seleccionarse un montón de cosas.

Hasta luego.