macOS on Precision M6400

griftopia

Herve, my problem was this...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

...and that got fixed.

However, I have a much worse problem now. I installed DW1510 and it worked like a charm. On reboot, I get ...

header read size 200

Incorrect image signature, expected version 10.7

I have put all kexts in /S/L/E and turned kernel booter kexts = No long time back. I simply installed DW1510, saw my wifi come to life, and then on reboot get above error.

Hope I don't have to install again :-(

Bronxtech - yeah I tried -s, buṭi get same error. I can boot of usb stick and mount my HD in terminal. So anything I can try there? One thing I know I forgot is removing sleep images and changing hibernate mode. Not sure if related.

Herve, smbios 7.x looked closest to the CPU, I will go check when I have working laptop again.

Right now I am pulling my hair. I see others have faced same error, but situation does not seem same as mine. All I did was insert wifi card and it even worked immediately. Then reboot and unexpectedly I see this problem

All Right...

- Reinstalled

- Updated to 10.12.6

- Copied all kexts from /E/E to /L/E, repaired permissions and cache.

- I'm still afraid to make kernel booter kexts = no, since last time that killed it)

- Absolutely NO changes to /S/L/E

- Wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth work.

- Sleep works somewhat (FN + F1, and From Menu). Closing Lid does not work :-(

- Shutdown does not work. NEED to fix this. I did apply patch correctly I think to dsdt. Screen goes blank but power button stays on.

- Fixed smbios for CPU frequency, and removed memory (since I have different kind of memory and I really don't want to specify wrong speed and mess up)

If anyone can please help me with my sleep, but especially Shutdown problem, would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I have tried Rehabman's shutdown and shutdown v2 patches for laptop, but no dice.

Attaching latest files.

Extra.zip

Folks I kinda messed up my laptop. After installing Clover on my m6400 I took out NULLCPUKext from Clover/kexts/Other and /L/E and repaired permssions. Now as soon as a login it reboots.

I managed to quickly copy the kext in "Other" but that's not enough I think. I need to copy in /L/E and repair. I managed to even copy in /L/E but there's not enough time to quickly repair.

So question is can I boot of my USB like I'm installing, and go to terminal and build cache and repair permissions on my HD? sudo command does not work in terminal. Unless I figure out a way I'm looking at a reinstall, and if so, might as well attempt High Sierra.

Doh! Saw this too late.

Anyways, muddled through creating Clover Stick for High Sierra. Partway through the install. Will start fresh thread for HS when I'm at a point to ask questions. Right now I have to simply get through it. Think might be too late to turn back. I have already started installing the 2nd stage.