black.dragon74

Kext for Atheros AR946x/AR9485/AR9565 wireless cards

You can always try knowing that support for these cards is poor and that Apple dropped support for Atheros cards in Mojave so the pathed Atheros40 kext is more than ever required.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 6:18 AM, Dr. Hurt said:

It only worked once for me, died after reboot. Says no hardware installed, ioreg shows no kext loaded for airport.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:16 PM, IAmNgoc said:

I'm having the same problem too. Tried reinstalling (and recompiling @[email protected]) the kext multiple times but doesn't seem to work :v

AR946X, Lilu 1.2.3, macOS 10.13.5

Me too. Mine is an AR9565 one, the card worked once, and after reboot it disappeared.

Then I used this and it works fine so far. 

Still limited to 11Mbps? What does it show when you click on the Wireless icon of the FInder's bar whilst pressing [Alt] key?

Eg:

Wireless_connection.jpg

No, speed go up to 30+ Mbps using a/b/g access point as reported by speedtest.net. The same speed in Windows.

Here is the wireless status. Note that my card is Dell DW1707 with AR9565. Bluetooth "works" by modding a IOBluetoothFamily plist (but only after login to Windows (to turn it on) and restart to OS X).

Dell DW1707 Atheros AR9565 status.jpg

speedtest.net results.png

Usually, it's done by adjusting the vendor and device id in the profile of an existing bluetooth model or -preferably- by creating a new one for your own device. You'd simply copy/paste an existing entry and modify the vendor + device ids (in decimal) to match those of your own module.

You may look this up in existing Bluetooth threads found in the R&D->Wireless and Bluetooth section.