HP Z600 w/ sierra-10.12 - Install

dudeisbrendan03

Hi I've been trying to get 10.12 running on a HP Z600 with 2 Xeon and a 960.

So far it hasn't been successful and most the time when I use clover I get a blank screen with a underscore, and with chameleon I get /system/library/kernels/kernel is missing. I am using FakeSMC IOAHCIBlock NullCPI and AHCIPortInjector for kexts, and I have used nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1, nothing in verbose either. When I install the kexts chameleon starts spitting out the missing kernel problem, and when I don't it just kernel panics.

Ive tried making my own stick, using the create media tool. Every situation I've used clover and chameleon (been working on this for days).

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

you can put mach kernel in the missing location or you can configure the chameleon plist to direct it to where the kernel is located lets say it's in root of drive or you manually put it there then in the plist tell chameleon where the kernel  is. with clover the issue might be your machine is bios only or you do not have uefi enabled. in that case you have to install clover in legacy mode from a different osx booted volume so that the clover installer can unmount the drive to install the boot files.if your drive has 4k sector offset you might have to reinstall the boot loader a few times for either chameleon or clover to take and make sure also in bios that your sata is set to AHCI. sometimes setting bios to defaults and reseting data to AHCI helps too.

• Administrators

If you use Enoch, you have to manually add the kernel to /S/L/Kernels. Copies of Sierra kernels are available in the OS X/macOS section of the forum.

You can refer to my Dell E6xxx or D630 Enoch guides for guidance on Enoch-based installation. There will be a few thing to do to be able to boot Sierra 10.12 with Enoch. All is explained in details in the guides. It should be a lot easier than with Clover which requires its own driving licence most of the time.

But before anything else, please post your systems specs with full exact model of hardware: CPU, audio, LAN, LAN, wifi, etc.

Also post a zipped copy of the Extra folder you used.