E6420 (NVS 4200M) Sierra not booting properly

TheRobster5555

I decided that I would hackintosh my newer latitude and I actually got the installer booted and everything, but no display. Since there's no 100% clear guide, I followed the 6220 guide hoping it would be close enough. 

When I boot the installer, it boots up fine, but when it escapes verbose, the screen flashes white, then nothing comes up, although it did boot as the hdd activity light is active.

My 6420 has the 4200m and the 1600x900 screen.

• Administrators

The key difference between the E6220 and your E6420 is that the former is limited to LoRes 1366x768 LCD whereas your laptop has a HiRes 1600x900 LCD. As such, you absolutely need to set/activate/tick DualLink in your Clover config (or set this through DSDT) if you run on the HD3000 iGPU.

Once you've done that, you'll find your screen will work fine.

That was the problem, I was just dumping everything into the efi partition, I guess I didn't read close enough. I got into the installer, I'll keep you updated...

EDIT: Installation was successful, just need to patch the Wi-Fi kext to get the Wi-Fi working, I'll do that later. Something I noticed is that I couldn't find any trace of it recognizing the NVS GPU on macOS. Is this normal with optimus?