Rebooting with pixelated screen before installation with E6440 OS X Sierra install using jake lo guide

michaelo1981

Having a problem with OS X Sierra installation.

followed jack/jake lo guide to make a USB install drive using clover and it boots up(see apple logo as shown on the images below).  Then it goes to a pixelated screen with a mouse cursor in the top right of the screen(also shown on images below). Freezes there for about 5-7 seconds then reboots.

also.  Is there a way to let clover use both memory banks so I can use my full 12gb ram instead of just 8 or 4?   My original problem was that it wouldn’t even get to the apple screen if both memory banks were full but now hat I have one of the two ram sticks in it goes to the apple screen then the problem above happens

Latest bios is the one from March of this year that’s installed.

my info for laptop

dell latitude e6440

intel i5 4300m

intel 4600 graphics

1 8gb ddr3 ram

1 4gb ddr3 ram

250gb msata Samsung 860 evo drive

500gb Sara Samsung 860 evo drive.  

Any any help is appreciated.  

If if you can iMessage my phone and help me iMessage me at 1-587-707-0886

1CFCDC64-D70E-4365-B50E-585FAA8691C9.jpeg

E93D66FF-E5DC-48C4-8A28-1232970A9507.jpeg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Use Clover Configurator app and read up the Clover wiki to learn on the tool, what it does and how it works.

This glitch does not prevent booting the USB installer or the installed OS in any way. It's just that, a display glitch. If your system fails thereafter, you have an issue elsewhere, probably at graphics initialisation. Boot in verbose mode (-v flag) to see where the boot process hangs/fails.

You can also follow my Enoch-based E6440 Sierra guide available in the Guides section.

• Moderators

Then you shouldn't use that bootpack. The included DSDT has patches to disable the dGPU.

Try going into Options when you see the Clover loader, use the right arrow to navigate
Select ACPI patching-> Tables Dropping->
Go all the way down and deselect Drop all OEM SSDT
Check all the Drop "SSDT-xx" below that
Select Return
Change DSDT name: BIOS.aml or anything other than DSDT.aml
Select Return, Return
Hit spacebar to select Verbose mode + debug 0x100 mode

If this works, then you'll need to patch new DSDT/SSDT specific to your system without the dGPU but booting to Clover GUI, hitting F4.

Then compress and attach /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin here for patching. Please specify BIOS version