E5570 High Sierra

konspiracy

• Moderators

No need for ssdPRgen.sh. Enabling plugin-Type is enough which is already set in the Config file.

For ethernet, make sure Legacy Option ROMs is disabled in BIOS.

When you ran the permission fix, did it completed successfully?

Make sure Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kex and ApplePS2Controller.kext are in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

• Like 1

Jake!

Legacy ROM options is disabled in BIOS.

The kexts you mentioned are in the EFI/Clover directory (pls refer to the screenshot)

I can't remember now if the permissions.sh executed successfully the first time but I ran it again now and there are 2 exceptions that showed up (see screenshot)

PS: For reference I'm uploading screenshot from /Library/Extensions

Permissions.thumb.JPG.0d5f6153c9a7d108f8c6de60096ab3a7.JPGKexts.thumb.JPG.bd80503679420a8cfbb81b6016310ca2.JPG

LibExt.thumb.JPG.035abbbb8cb749e833d606a34fadbc77.JPG

I removed FakeSMC from /L/E and ran permission.sh again. The output is exactly the same except that the line mentioning FakeSMC is missing (the line mentioning AppleBacklightInjector is still there). There's no additional output which prints list of kexts from /L/E which you mentioned.

I guess the AppleBlacklight is not working as supposed to because: I can control brightness in a way that I see this brightness indicator although as I decrease the brightness level, the screen isn't dimming (it remains as is), however when the brightness level reaches the end, the screen turns off completely and I can't get it back unless I reboot.

Nonetheless, ethernet, touchpad, sound, battery etc seems to be working again. 

Attaching the debug file. I found another issue screen related (I think). When I close the lid, the screen turns off (but PC is not asleep as the LED is *not* blinking) but the display won't come back after I open the lid. It has gone by itself, no idea what happened. After latest reboot it works as it should. The brightness issue persists tho.

edit: Minor side note, the keyboard backlit goes away very quickly (like 5 seconds). How can I increase the delay?

debug_27482.zip

• Moderators

Your debug files are incomplete. Make sure not to interrupt while it's running.

Looking at the cache_log, AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not cached. Rerun the permission.sh until you see all kexts cache successfully.

Keyboard backlit timing might be set in the BIOS, I can't be sure.

Run this in terminal to determine sleep issue

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Did you disable Hibernation?

You might have to inject EDID for the black screen after wake

See here

• Like 1

I'm still getting following output

bash-3.2# ./permission.sh 
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff2f8e2e400 [0x7fff86458af0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
KernelCache ID: A1C0354DBA3602AC3F914CE489558B7D
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
Finished

I'm uploading a new debug file although please note that while generating script I got following message, is that OK?

System dump not requested.
You may use gen_debug -sysprofile to generate system dump.

debug_30450.zip

Dumping IOREG.
IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...
Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...
Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...
IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.

What can I do about it?