Dell 7548 (4K, Sleep, and Clover Resolution)

mushang98

Hey, I have successfully installed MacOS High SIerra (10.13.5), with some successes and some problem
What is working :

1. Power Management (Processor and battery)

2. Audio (Internal, Microphone, and HDMI Output)
3. Graphics (HD 5500)

4. Brightness (ACPI keys works)

5. Trackpad and Keyboard

6. Touchscreen

7. Webcam

8. SD Card Reader

9. USB

10. Bluetooth works but wifi doesn't (Intel 7265 unsupported)

What doesn't work :

1. 4K Resolution

• I can only turn the display to 4K when the background is solid color. and sometimes flickers.
  • If the background is a picture, when 4K is set the screen turns on for some seconds and then goes blank

2. Sleep

• Stuck with blank screen and not sleeping

3. Clover Resolution

• If Legacy support = enable, clover and 1st stage boot logo is in a wrong resolution but 2nd stage is perfect.
  • If Legacy support = disabled, clover and 1st stage boot logo is at 4K resolution (not scalled) and 2nd stage boot logo is garbled.
  • ( So, I'm sticking with Legacy support enabled )

4. Radeon R7 M270

• Neither I can use it nor turn it off

Specs:

Dell Type    : 7548

Processor  Core i7 5500U

Graphics    : HD5500 + R7 M270

Resolution : 3840x2160 (doesn't work)

Bios Ver     : A08

Jack Lo, Awesome, That fixed the R7 M270, it's now disabled. But now every time I plugged a USB device, I got a message "USB Accessory Needs Power" and not mounting

Sleep and 4K still doesn't work

Oh and, using either my EFI and yours right after booting is done, The laptop randomly freezes for about 10 secs is this normal or symptom of a problem ?

Edited by mushang98
A bit more detail

Nice, USB is now fixed. 

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Returned

2018-06-27 19:29:54.923982+0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB HDEF XHC (User)

2018-06-27 19:29:54.923985+0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB HDEF XHC (User)

It seems that wake reason is because I pressed power button ? I mean it is correct but it didn't go to sleep before I pressed it. 😕

I don't know how, but sleep is now working. and wakes, only the screen flashes twice after wake. Thanks Mr. Jack. 

Leaving me with only

4K that only works with solid color background and no animation at the screen.

And I can't configure Clover resolution

Thanks for your help. So far so great.

I can't change clover resolution to match my screen resolution. It stuck at 1280x1024 (It's not even in the right aspect ratio).

I've tried changing config.plist with no effect. Also some threads recommend to use CSMVideoDxe-64.efi which doesn't work on this laptop.

Any ideas regarding this ?