Dell E6400/6500 research thread

Mariusz

Thanks, Bronxteck. SD card reader is recognized as Apple in System Profiler in USB, still not showing in Card Reader. No SD card icon upon insertion, but I am able to set up automatic JPEG image import to iPhoto upon insertion. Hope to get those two (minor) issues sorted out.

Just to add to my previous post this is from Lion so if any one wants to give it a go.

Just found 2 small bugs:

1. External microphone isn't working

2. Volume widget on bar does not work correctly when working with internal speakers ( does not

show volume changing but you can use the slider and it works ).

What works:

1. Internal Speakers / Headphones

2. Internal Microphone

Best regards

PS. i think it may be a good starting point for a full working AppleHDA for E6400 / E6500.

Trying to figure out how HDA patching works if anyone can help thanx in advance.

Hey

New to all this but i just trying to single boot Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude e6400.

I am using the 123 boot and iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) discs with retail Snow Leopard Dvd.

When i boot with 123 Boot, i get the little circle with a line through it when I get to Apple Logo Screen. iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) gives me a kernel panic

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \ "ACPI\~.\n~@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel /IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387.

I have my System Configuration > Sata Operation set to AHCI mode.

I used parted magic to format the drive to hfs+.

2 gb of ram with 250 gb hard drive.

I am trying to get OS X on this computer for first time.