Dell E6400/6500 research thread

Mariusz

Oh, and my battery drained from 100% to about 10% in 10 or 15 minutes.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I installed the new dsdt.aml by dragging and dropping in the extra folder (is that the correct way?) now the hard drive turns off but the power button and keyboard stay lit. I've read all your posts quite a few times so I'm not asking any questions that have been answered. Sorry I'm really knew and this stuff is pretty difficult for me. Which shutdown fix are you referring to? I'm not sure if I applied it. Also the sleep feature doesn't work either. I've read different posts that say it works and that it doesn't. I'm not sure if it does. I tried sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0 as well as sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3. Thank you!

Finally got sleep working with Mariusz's updated DSDT! After a year of trial and error, nothing worked. I tried different methods, different DSDT files, followed the instructions in this thread and others to the letter, and still couldn't get it. Got LION working almost perfectly when it first came out except for sleep. I even gave up at the beginning of this thread.

The catch (and it's a freakin' strange one): I had to use SleepEnabler.

I know that native sleep should work, setting the hibernate mode to 0, using the posted DSDT. But it never worked for me, even on a clean install. For those that are in my situation and can't seem to get sleep working after trying everything else, it doesn't hurt to give this a try if you've exhausted all other possibilities. If you get KP, just remove SleepEnabler.kext.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this post, especially Mariusz.

SleepEnabler.zip

Hi,

first, I say hello to all, especially in this Thread and of course to everybody else in this Forum.

I have been working with OSX almost on VMware but now I have an spare E6400 which I want to use with OSX Lion.

With reading this thread and the wiki I hope to get it working and appreciate your help and tips in advance.

cheers

ASCDE

Laptop Specs:

BIOS A31

Memory 4096 MB / 2x2GB

Processor Core Duo [email protected]

Chip Intel 82801IB ICH9

HDD Seagate 160GB 5400RPM

Video Intel GM45 (GMA 4500)

Dispay 14" Wide XGA+ 1440*900

AUDIO IDT 92HD71B7

WIFI Dell Wireless 1510

Bluetooth Dell 370

Modem Mobile Broadband 5530

LAN Intel 82567LM

Firewire 1394

Ricoh SmartCard Reader

I just got an e6400 (waiting for it to be delivered) and want to install Lion onto it.

Since there is not an E.D.P. and bootpack for the e6400 which is the best way to install and configure Lion?

Mariusz posts are fantastic, but for a noob like me I like step by steps.

dafob's step by step here is good but I want to use the Lion app that I purchased.

So I've created the USB stick and not put anything else in it.

Would the correct way be to copy Mariusz's dsdt.aml to /Extra, install Chameleon, install the applicable kexts from Mariusz's 0EDP.kext pack (not exactly sure how -- I have used multifail before and I have used kext wizard but have not install kexts any other way)?

What exactly does the E.D.P. do?

Regarding the bootpacks, are they basically a dsdt and other kexts that help to boot each specific Latitude model?

Can you use the D630 bootpack and E.D.P. with an e6400?

Thanks for your help!

CP

I just got an e6400 (waiting for it to be delivered) and want to install Lion onto it.

Since there is not an E.D.P. and bootpack for the e6400 which is the best way to install and configure Lion?

Mariusz posts are fantastic, but for a noob like me I like step by steps.

dafob's step by step here is good but I want to use the Lion app that I purchased.

So I've created the USB stick and not put anything else in it.

Would the correct way be to copy Mariusz's dsdt.aml to /Extra, install Chameleon, install the applicable kexts from Mariusz's 0EDP.kext pack (not exactly sure how -- I have used multifail before and I have used kext wizard but have not install kexts any other way)?

What exactly does the E.D.P. do?

Regarding the bootpacks, are they basically a dsdt and other kexts that help to boot each specific Latitude model?

Can you use the D630 bootpack and E.D.P. with an e6400?

Thanks for your help!

CP

Read this post regarding boot pack.

HI Folks,

I stopped using my E6400 due to the Intel GMA GPU (poor performance), NIC and Bluetooth does not work. Lucky me that I have a lot of Latitude's in my Storage in Business. Only bad think all have an Intel Wifi 39xx or 49xx.

I started over with my D820. Will post expirences with this one at the D8xx Thread.

cheers

Alex

Doh! Now I feel stupid and I read this thread last week too.

Thank you Mariusz.

A question for you, since my CPU, WIFI card and probably the bios are not the same as yours, will that make a difference with regard to the dsdt.aml, your bootpack and the other kexts?

Thank you.

CP

Mariusz,

Thank you again.

I have my e6400 up and running thanks to your advice and files.

I got the Dell DW1397 4312GB card working with Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext from here.

Onboard NIC is now working too, mine is a 82567 LM.

Also, how do you get QE/CI working? I tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but that didn't help.

Here's what Systems Information says about my graphics:

Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M:

Chipset Model: Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06eb

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays: